What would be a good asking price for my car?

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the details. 1994 Viper, Black w/gray, 24k miles. I've put less than 1500 miles on it since I bought it including the 700 mile drive home. The add ons include: 3" Roe Racing stainless exhaust w/high flow cats, 19/20" CCW's (~400 miles), smooth tubes, S&B filters, Autoform hardtop w/windows, factory soft top w/windows, tonneau cover, cockpit cover, hurst short throw shifter, MGW knob, lowering spring caps, Lloyds mats, car cover and I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. Car just sits there as I have no time to drive it. If you know someone that's interested, send them my way. I'm ready to move on. I may post it on eBay next weekend. Here's a couple pics:

10524P1010047-med.JPG

10524P1010048-med.JPG

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a quick autotrader scan for 1994 Vipers and it looks like most that are anywhere near stock trim are going for mid/high 30's. With your mods, I'd say right around $40K-$42K.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A similar car went for 31k in Atlanta with slightly higher miles fairly recently. yours looks a tad nicer, though (but same color). A nice 97 GTS w/ stripes just went for 33k w/ high miles. I hope you can get 40k, but that feels high to me. the gen I's have the head gasket issue too...

not trying to be pessimistic... just what i've seen out here.

JD

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gimmy the wheels! Ill send you some GTS wheels/tires and some $$ :) You probably will make more money not selling it with the aftermarket wheels in most cases(unless right buyer)

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to agree with the post above. I have seen low mile 98-99 viper GTS sell for 41-43K and they were like new, with 15k in miles. I agree that some of the mods will help sell the car but not for what they are worth. I would strip her back to orginal and sell the parts then the car. You will come out better this way. IMO

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to agree with the post above. I have seen low mile 98-99 viper GTS sell for 41-43K and they were like new, with 15k in miles. I agree that some of the mods will help sell the car but not for what they are worth. I would strip her back to orginal and sell the parts then the car. You will come out better this way. IMO

Yep what he said, So how much do you wan't for those rims and tires? :)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On second thought, we are talking "asking price". Ask whatever you want. But don't be surprised to get a lot of mid-30's or low-30's types of offers.

good luck!

JD

OP
OP
R

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I was hoping it would fetch around mid to upper 30's. I just didn't want to "ask" $40k and people would roll their eyes at a GEN 1. Ebay seems to be real soft on GEN 1's right now so I may try Autotrader. I put a local online ad last night just to get a feeler or buyer. :) When it comes down to negotiating, the wheels will be the first thing mentioned. I have another set of wheels that can go on and I'll sell these outright.

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I was hoping it would fetch around mid to upper 30's. I just didn't want to "ask" $40k and people would roll their eyes at a GEN 1. Ebay seems to be real soft on GEN 1's right now so I may try Autotrader. I put a local online ad last night just to get a feeler or buyer. :) When it comes down to negotiating, the wheels will be the first thing mentioned. I have another set of wheels that can go on and I'll sell these outright.

K i got first dibs on wheels ;) haha

OP
OP
R

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, you are first on my list. I just got a call from my local online ad already. Sounded like a young kid though (nothing against young kids). Said he had to talk to his parents and get back to me. Holding my breath. :eek:
K i got first dibs on wheels ;) haha

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Said he had to talk to his parents and get back to me"

Yeah, I had one of those lead me on a wild goose chase one time.

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trust me on one thing, you can price it too high......Ok you can but if you put it at 40K asking price people will have not hardship offering 30k to you. When I was selling my 98 I had it listed at 47K and people would call and offer 38-40K. People are going to try and get it dirt cheap. We are the market in Viper and if we sell them for 25K thats what they are worth. Your car looks like it is in great shape hold out for the right deal, but know when to cut your losses.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting it back to original will be a nightmare of work. Not worth it. Take the wheels/tires off as others are interested. Sell both separately. Looks like the best you will do. Another hint, sell or advertise in an area that will support higher prices. From the above comments, Ohio people value it less for their market. In the Northeast, it is most likely more. 40k minimum. Just a thought.

OP
OP
R

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Not really in a bind to sell, so I'll hold out for the right price. I've already been hit with the lowballers. I think the wheels would separate mine from the others and draw more attention to a potential buyer, so I want to keep them on for now. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4