What's it worth?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What\'s it worth?

99GTS, Some body damage(repairable), Will most likely need a complete re-paint, (some panels are nice) Needs tires, Interior shows some wear but is acceptable (for now), No frame damage, Clean title. Other than damage car seems mostly stock.

Hood appears to be OK, damage to mostly rear of car.

Airbags did not blow.

I can do most of the work myself.

No, I don't think anyone here knows the car, and no I cannot post pic's.

I am thick skinned about this so don't worry 'bout hurting my feelings.

Yes I could buy a car already done, but I want a GTS to go with my RT/10 and I enjoy doing some level of restoration work (it's relaxing, kind of like therapy)and I don't want to worry about keeping this car all original.

Thanks!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s it worth?

I'd say it should go for $20k less than it would be worth without the damage.

The fact that you can do the work yourself and that you would like to do the work, shouldn't make you pay more.

Find out about how much a shop would charge to fix the damage and deduct that from what a non wrecked 99GTS in the same condition would be worth.

Fix it yourself for less and you have a good deal. But remember, you will still have a rebuilt Viper. You will have a harder time selling a Viper that has a "story".

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: What\'s it worth?

If it runs/drives try to stick to under $20k. Mine was hurt--much worse- and ended up at $16k. my engine was damaged, and needed hood and a front frame. I got lucky with many used pieces keeping restoration price down. May be actually painting it this week. It was a fun car to repair, provided you don't need a dealer to pay the VIP TAX.... GO FOR IT! It draws crowds in primer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te