Whats it worth?

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2001 rt/10 yellow, black interior, 11k mikes, bone stock, two tops, very good condition.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue Book will give you a good ballpark figure. This is not an exact science, but with two tops and good condition, probably high 30's to low 40's with that mileage.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what i thought. Any price under 40 would be a good deal then i guess

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im going to look at the car tomorrow morning and the seller is going to take between 38 and 39. wish me luck

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from test driving the car. all i can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its in better condition than i expected. The car has 12k miles, The paint is flawless, interior is perfect, tires are pretty good but original, THE RIMS HAVE NO CURB RASH AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! I just gave him a depost and ill be finalizing everything tomorrow. HOLY CRAP, I THINK I JUST BOUGHT A VIPER!!!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, u gotta tell me though, did i make you re-check the registry?

what happened to the B/W, that price sounded too good to be true?

Yellow is cool though. BumbleBee IT!!!

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im probably going to bumble bee it (with vinyl) once i find a good company to get the stripes from. The seller of the b/w gts is probably trading it in so it was too good to be true. He still has a dy or two before i finalize everything with the rt/10. btw... the yellow is AMAZING in person, i didnt think it looked that good in the pictures. The car is flawless, a little too flawless if you ask me.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably no issues with this one, condition sounds like exactly what you want to find, but I would still have a qualified Viper Thch. put it on a lift and say grace over it. Good luck.:)

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chuck tator just ran the vin through chrysler database for me and everything checks out. If the guy with the 97 b/w gts doesnt call me back then im going to seal the deal today or tomorrow.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Low to mid $40s depending on where sold. Funny part is that for the same amount of money for an 01, you can get an 03. I find it funny that SRTs are in that range now. Guess the GEN IIs are more desirable.

Viper ACR Lover 02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would sink on the yellow one... It is certainly a color that you have to appreciate in person. I am not a big fan of the color in all honesty but I was looking at an '02 roadster my friend was considering and it just blew me away. Good luck with it.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, that looks amazing. I would love to paint the stripes but i dont want to kill the resale. I think vinyl is better because it can be removed in the event that i ever have to sell (which im not planning on). Most people dont want something thats not original. That is the reason i got my z06 for a good price, the stripes were painted on it and most buyers were turned off to it. I just happen to love things with stripes (they make it go faster too)

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bumble Bee it is!!!!!! i should have the car by friday. I have the check for the difference being overnighted from the credit union and i should be picking up the car on thursday or friday if everything goes right. I cant freaking wait.

V

Venomiss

Good for you and please read up on how to open and close the hood(correctly) if you haven't already.
Know before you go.:)

May the Viper Karma be in your favor with this purchase.:drive:

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the good words venomiss.

I have seen a few guys (and participated in helping) open the hood. I think i have it down, we'll see