Whats my 06 coupe worth?

Jasone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the market is the market. I'm a new Viper owner, 03 Silver SRT (Shameless pic below)

I did thorough research before my purchase and was convinced I should be able to get find my car in the mid $50s. After two months of looking with no luck I found a local dealer who had the exact car I was looking for but wouldn't let it off the lot for less than $62K. I paid cash, got what I wanted and really don't care if there was another one somewhere else in the country for a little less. Market = whatever someone is willing to pay. Maybe the “market” at the time said my car was around $55K but I sure couldn’t find one at that price.

[image] http://www.jjc.com/car/inventory/501399-1sm.jpg[/image]

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the market is the market. I'm a new Viper owner, 03 Silver SRT (Shameless pic below)

I did thorough research before my purchase and was convinced I should be able to get find my car in the mid $50s. After two months of looking with no luck I found a local dealer who had the exact car I was looking for but wouldn't let it off the lot for less than $62K. I paid cash, got what I wanted and really don't care if there was another one somewhere else in the country for a little less. Market = whatever someone is willing to pay. Maybe the “market” at the time said my car was around $55K but I sure couldn’t find one at that price.

Congrats on your beautiful 03! :2tu:
Sometimes "kids" come on here and like to quote prices from E-BAY. They mistakenly try to base a price market on internet auction car prices. Those ridiculous E-BAY posts here probably convinced you that was the market.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Sounds like you have a personal problem with me."

Yes, unfortunately that is true. But even good people have disagreements with each other at times and if everyone in this world thought like you or me, that would be quite boring.

"Too bad but stating the truth should not result in bashing. And as for the pricing, I think many dealers will agree with the pricing."

Unfortunately, IMHO, your truths are not necessarily the real market. Because you are so well liked, prolific and obviously revered on this forum gives you the added stature I referred to. This may seem to you a pretty left handed compliment, but a compliment none the less. People listen to you, read and take what you write as fact. The buying and selling of automobiles seem to bring out bottom feeders and if this is the basis of where your information comes from?... I don't know another way of putting this. I'm not getting through, that's obvious.

As an example, lets say you own a Dodge dealership. You are not trying to be biggest Viper dealer but you try to stock a representative inventory. All your prospective Viper customers do their due diligence including using the VCA forum to make sure they get the best possible price. Enter a layperson, really nice guy, wants to be friends with everyone and just loves his Viper and the lifestyle that comes with that ownership, his name is Larry. Anyway, because Larry is on his computer most of the time because of his job, he has plenty of downtime so he scans for Vipers for sale. Ebay; small used dealer ads; guys that try to pass off junk they rebuild in their rented 800 sq. ft. industrial space as a good, solid vehicle (yes, unfortunately there is a tad of misrepresentation in the used car market); auto traders that if they make $200-$500 per car they ok with it, do it 10-20 times a day and never even touch the car, just broker it, put ads in...Viper cheap! So Larry, wanting to the right thing by his fellow club members reports all of these prices. Cheap is investigated by many, true market is the last placed to look and too high is ridiculed by all of us here. Every one of your prospective customers comes in thinking they can buy at the price they saw on the official Viper VCA board. Keith, do you let the customer leave your showroom empty handed? Could one of the solutions you come up with be not to stock or sell Vipers so you and your staff don't have to deal with prospective Viper buyers? Or if you have to sell it because of flooring costs, etc. you might consider discounting it heavily. Customer ends up here bragging how he got such a great discount. Might you, as owner/gen mgr start thinking, maybe I don't want to support that sku any longer, or at least the bare minimum that is required by the Dodge franchise? Ever had to go to a Dealer for emergency service or support only to find they don't know the first thing about Vipers. Does anyone think DC will cut it's dealers out and sell the Viper direct? Does anyone think DC will cut the Viper from it's product line?

You and I will never have a meeting of the minds on this point. So be it.

bashing???? When I first entered VCA forums I was told to get a thick skin. I tried to bash nice.

"Lastly, my posting style? Are you kidding me? Just because of the way I post, you feel that I do not deserve my post count?"

NO, I absolutely believe you deserve your post count.

"I feel that I have devoted a lot of time to this board and have hopefully helped at least one person."

No argument from me here.

"I have not done anything wrong and I love this board so sorry, you are just going to have to deal with it."

Please re-read what I asked of you. And yes, I will have to deal with it as you will with me.

One more time: I am truly sorry you are so offended. This is not disingenuous. You obviously have many supporters sticking up for you. I applaud you. Me, well believe it or not, I not writing this for my entertainment or that of anyone's. I have taken a lot of licks here, expected it. I guess while I have not spent as much time as you, I too have hopefully helped at least one person here at sometime.

Regards my friend,
Larry

Warfang, you are an idiot.....

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,
It's all good. Most of this stuff is either for knowledge(20% of the time) or entertainment(80% of the time). There will always be disagreements as you and Keith are having, but that's fine as long as it doesn't turn into a "YOTONY" war like state (You still lurking out there Greek boy :D ). Even Tony in person is a great guy to hang out with. I personally want a Copperhead and may get one in the future, but like most die hard Gen I/II guys, most of my frustration is with the tone down looks of the Gen IIIs. Although most of the crossovers fall in love with the car quickly. It's 84 degrees here in Bamaland, got to go for a drive, PEACE! :2tu:

P.S. I was born and raised in Cali, too many fruits and nuts for me :D plus, I couldn't afford a shack on my military pay :smirk:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang, you are an idiot.....
That's just your insecurities talking again.

You can always disagree, but when you act like a ***** because you don't agree with someone else's opinion, people are going to call you on it. You even knew you were going to get flamed for it, so it's not like anyone backhanded you. What did you expect being so combatitive to someone who was just offering to help? Try being constructive next time.

I wouldn't let anyone talk trash about a gen3, 2, or 1. Let's focus more on what we agree on than what we disagree on. Last time I checked we're all driving Vipers here.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Otherwise you're just another Gen I/II dude attempting to change subjects and misdirect attention on the Gen III board to show off to your peers

As I recall, you seem to be the one chaning the subject with your "jokes". Even gen3 folks are sticking up for Keith. His numbers are pretty consistant with the used car market, and was NEVER meant to be malicious. You've got nothing to stand on other than your insecurities. I think Gen3's are awesome... maybe you should think so too. :rolleyes:

I've never met Keith and feel odd calling him Keith because I've never met him, or corresponded in any way other than postings here, but he's a good guy in my book. I can't say the same about some other people on this board...

Thanks. It is okay to call me Keith haha. Hopefully we will meet at a VOI in the future!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rleminv:

You have valid point but one person, does not cause this in the market. I do not think I am a "G-D like character on this board with many followers. People have disagreed with me in the past, and many long time members on here can tell you. Anyone remember me being suborn about the SRT line when it was introduced?? :rolleyes: If I do something wrong, or go overboard, I will be the first to admit it (again refer to the SRT line issue - a public apology was given) but in this regard, I feel that my opinion stated is based soley on facts. No hard feelings, just different opinions.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everyone here is entitled to look and post on any forum they feel like. We are ALL members here. Larry is just a little high strung, and a few others are a little trigger happy. Get over it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog