What's That Sound?

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard a sound from the front of the car the other day while pulling up to a light. Sounded like brake noise except no screech. Headed home quick. Started it up the next day, no noise. Drove it yesterday, no noise. Today, the noise came back after a 20 minute drive, again heard when I slowed down for a light after driving on the interstate. But, the noise continued at the light after stopped for a few moments, so it is not brakes. The noise goes away when you accelerate.

Seems to happen only when the engine is fully warmed up. Checked the oil level in the Roe blower, and it looks good. The belt looks good and is tight. Everything on the engine looks normal, with no loose hoses or clamps.

All gauges look normal. Engine is strong, oil level is good. Coolant level is normal.
01 GTS with 7k miles.

Any ideas?

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm dealing with a similar problem. I heard a squeak...squeak...squeak coming from the front. I checked and made sure the rims weren't rubbing against anything and they weren't. All I could think of was warped rotors, so I ordered a new set. That didn't fix the problem, so ordered a new front wheel hub because the only thing left would be the front wheel bearings. I thought I could grease them, but it's a one piece, sealed until that comes as an assembly. The only thing for certain is that I wish I had just taken it to a qualified dealership and found out what the problem was and then gone from there.