What's the weirdest comment you've heard?

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s the weirdest comment you\'ve heard?

"Oh my...you're a chick...and driving that..." reply, yeah I'm all woman!
Err, Asking male passengers how fast, how much, and what the "things" are in the headlights (like they can't spot the bubble in the leveler - doh!)
How much nitrous you running? (I'm SC'd no nos; yet!)
If actions not comments...then getting flashed with ****-out, only for me to remove my cap and lower the tinted glass much to their embarrassment!
The tow bar gets em too!

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm filling the GTS at a station in MD and a guy my age (50ish) is fueling his Crown Vic (WV tags).

Him: So what yeear Feraree is that? :eek:
Me: Its a 2001 Dodge GTS and it's built in Detroit! :usa:

Him: I never saw a Dodge that looked like that!

Me thinking: Go figure on my last trip through WV I wondered where they
find parts for all these K cars.

Him: How fast did you have her up to.

Me: About 120. OK so I fibbed.

Him: Pointing to the Vic. That was a police car and I had her doin 120.

Me thinking: Probably downhill and burned a quart of oil in the process.

Me: Does that car have the modification that prevents an explosion if rearended?

Pump clicks, got to go. :headbang:

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I go to a certain place about ounce a week and the valet guys move all the cars out of the way so I can park right up front and let me take my own keys so no one moves it. Anyway every time I leave there's a crowd of 20 people waiting for there cars standing right next to the viper. It is funny as hell hearing there comments standing there with them, they have no idea its mine

Comments I've heard:

He must be VIP

I bet they leave that spot open for him every day?

What is it?

It's probably the owners car

Thats probably a 200,000 dollar car

When I come out I'm always three rows deep in cars and when the valet sees me , they stop everything move all the cars out of my way, make everyone else wait and as soon as I get in i'm surrounded with people and questions, How much is it? Are u the owner? what do you do for a living? How many miles are on it? HOW FAST DOES IT GO? And on and on and on. But its funny as hell listening to there comments when they don't know who you are. How can anyone not love the attention and comments you get with the viper good or bad?

2001viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

On June 30, I finally bought a Viper! It is a 2001 red RT10 with 9500 mi for $43K.
Purchased in Las Vegas, NM.

Not 5 minutes after I bought it, a silver truck honked at me. I looked over and a teenager was mooning me! Right in town, with lots of traffic.

Later in the day, someone says "Dont go too fast until its broken in". Do all Viper owners put up with this nonsense, or is it just me? If so, I feel sorry for all of you.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I go to a certain place about ounce a week and the valet guys move all the cars out of the way so I can park right up front and let me take my own keys so no one moves it. Anyway every time I leave there's a crowd of 20 people waiting for there cars standing right next to the viper. It is funny as hell hearing there comments standing there with them, they have no idea its mine

Comments I've heard:

He must be VIP

I bet they leave that spot open for him every day?

What is it?

It's probably the owners car

Thats probably a 200,000 dollar car

When I come out I'm always three rows deep in cars and when the valet sees me , they stop everything move all the cars out of my way, make everyone else wait and as soon as I get in i'm surrounded with people and questions, How much is it? Are u the owner? what do you do for a living? How many miles are on it? HOW FAST DOES IT GO? And on and on and on. But its funny as hell listening to there comments when they don't know who you are. How can anyone not love the attention and comments you get with the viper good or bad?

Yeah, it's always funny to hear people talk about the car when they don't realize the owner is standing right there. I sometimes stop for food in areas where you have to parallel park in front of the store. So typically, I'll place a to-go order then come back outside just to keep an eye on the car. Usually dressed in jogging pants + t-shirt. The passer-by comments are priceless. Every once in a while someone will pass and want to talk to you about the car, not realizing you are the owner. I guess they expect someone in a 3-piece suit?

90% of the time the attention is fun, the other 10% you wonder what meds. these people take.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They always start out with "Nice Car"...The three most common remarks I get are:

(1.) "Nice speakers, I've never seen speakers in the hood of a car before" :confused:
(2.) "Is it fast?" No, not really :buttkick:
(3.) "I like the piss yellow color" - from Corvette owners.
(4.) "I bet it cost a fortune to fill 'er up" - I get this all of the time at gas stations.

Which of those 4 are the 3 most common? :D

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One other story: When I first bought my Viper (2000) and just started dating my wife, we went to a vintage car race. At this race you park on the lawn of the golf course. Now keep in mind, my wife (new girlfriend at the time) was oblivious to anything automotive. Sure, she thought the Viper looked cool but thought nothing more than that.... She didn't even know what a Viper was until a bought the car.

So after we park the car, we walk to watch the races (about 1/2 mile walk). After about 3 hours, we decide to head home. As we start to get near the Viper (about 50 yards away), we notice 2 girls in skimpy cloths posing around the Viper with there boyfriends taking pictures. Provokative poses. The look on my wifes face was priceless. I said, "just let them finish up". So we stood back 50 yards never letting on ownership of the car and had a good laugh. She learned real quick the attention the Viper draws.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This IS the new Ferrari!
Happened several times. Must be the red color. :rolleyes:

MPG, how fast, V12, ... bla-bla-bla gets old after a few years!

LarryJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Spoken by a male teen in front of friends: "Can I have sex with your car?". If it was a young hot female, it would have been a different story. I just froze up for a second and then kept walking (a little quicker).

What's the weirdest comment you've heard?

Santo
I got this one from a chick. I mentioned to her that the stock gear shift was pretty big but she said she could handle it.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got this one from a chick. I mentioned to her that the stock gear shift was pretty big but she said she could handle it.

Funny - I got a similar comment just last week. Took my car out to a bar, and before I could even park it, two cougars were trying to open the door, asking for a ride. The one cougar volunteered to ride on the stickshift (but she only ended up riding on the center console) - turned into a wild night!

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

best comment was at a car show for a boy about 5 years old:

boy: "what is this?"
mom: "a VIPER"
boy: "no, its not!"
mom: "yes, it is, see the letters on the side"
boy: "well, I don't like it, I like mine at home better, it has a roof and stripes"

the mom looks at me laughing and I said, "you can't win 'em all..."

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Took my car out to a bar, and before I could even park it, two cougars were trying to open the door, asking for a ride.
That's when it's handy the doors lock automatically :)

The one cougar volunteered to ride on the stickshift (but she only ended up riding on the center console) - turned into a wild night!
I got a ticket in my GTS two years ago with two girls in the front with me. Oddly, the policeman hung back by the rear and didn't ticket me for the girls, just the stop sign I blew and the expired proof of insurance. Can't imagine why I didn't notice the stop sign...

:2tu:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Today, my co-worker said he had a dream about buying drugs from a dealer and then running from the cops in my Viper on the way to an amusement park. He wasn't kidding.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I can understand the dumb comments from dumb people. But when middle aged MALE successful businessmen ask me what is the make of the car, I am absolutely blown away. I've got a distant friend, multimillionaire that never carries less than $2k-3k in cash at all times ask me what kind of car I had. How can any successful male not know what a Viper is? What rock have they been living under?

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can understand the dumb comments from dumb people. But when middle aged MALE successful businessmen ask me what is the make of the car, I am absolutely blown away. I've got a distant friend, multimillionaire that never carries less than $2k-3k in cash at all times ask me what kind of car I had. How can any successful male not know what a Viper is? What rock have they been living under?

Can I get the name and location of this friend of yours. Also which places around town he frequents and the time's he's most likely to be there. It would be best if he walked down a dark alley... ;)

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A late 20's woman yelled out the passenger side of the car she was riding in that my car "looked like a giant penis" while traffic was moving (bumper to bumper speeds)in Washington D.C. (the Georgetown "M-street" strip)

....so as any right-minded Viper owner would respond I said back "so does your face!" ....LOL. (My GF in the car pinched me for saying that and I got pissed at her for getting pissed at me for defending the car!) lol...besides, the nasty looking chic started it! ;-D

---Kevin

...lots of "haters" out there can't handle people with exotic's and flamboyant cars....everyone else just smiles and waves :-D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A late 20's woman yelled out the passenger side of the car she was riding in that my car "looked like a giant penis" while traffic was moving (bumper to bumper speeds)in Washington D.C. (the Georgetown "M-street" strip)

....so as any right-minded Viper owner would respond I said back "so does your face!" ....LOL.

I gotta write that down! :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not the wierdest, but possibly the the rudest...

While I was filling up on gas in FL last night, a guy on one of those little electric scooter things comes flying up, almost hits the rearend of the Viper and almost runs over my toe in the process, looks at me and says "what'd you pay for it?" I just looked at him and said "I'm not telling you, but a new one is $92,000". Most people at least say "nice car" before they ask me how much I paid for it.

Runner up for rudest (and I see where kids have no respect anymore):

While at a strip mall my 1st night, this woman (mid 40's) in a SUV who is driving thru the center of the mall sees the crowd around my car and stops and yells over "whats the book value on that thing?" I replied "I dont know, I just drive it for the fun of it" She says back "You just drive it for the fun of it? Is it really yours?" I pull the key out my pocket and show it to her and she just drives off. :buttkick:

Honestly, I'm getting tired of the "what did you pay?" question. I'm gonna start telling people I'll tell them if they show me their checkbook so I can see how much money they spend on things :buttkick:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not the wierdest, but possibly the the rudest...

While I was filling up on gas in FL last night, a guy on one of those little electric scooter things comes flying up, almost hits the rearend of the Viper and almost runs over my toe in the process, looks at me and says "what'd you pay for it?" I just looked at him and said "I'm not telling you, but a new one is $92,000". Most people at least say "nice car" before they ask me how much I paid for it.

Runner up for rudest (and I see where kids have no respect anymore):

While at a strip mall my 1st night, this woman (mid 40's) in a SUV who is driving thru the center of the mall sees the crowd around my car and stops and yells over "whats the book value on that thing?" I replied "I dont know, I just drive it for the fun of it" She says back "You just drive it for the fun of it? Is it really yours?" I pull the key out my pocket and show it to her and she just drives off. :buttkick:

Honestly, I'm getting tired of the "what did you pay?" question. I'm gonna start telling people I'll tell them if they show me their checkbook so I can see how much money they spend on things :buttkick:

I had a huge debate with several people in the Z community about the "How much does it cost/what did you pay" question. There seem to be two schools of thought. The first says that that they're not asking how much YOU paid for YOUR car, they're just curious how much a Viper in general costs. They're not nosing into your personal business, they're asking you to inform them of the cost of the car, much like they would look it up on a web-site. They have no concept of the fact that they're asking a personal question that you interpret to be an inquiry into your managing of your money.

The second school of thought is that it's a personal question, they know it, and the're just too rude or mannerless to care that they're asking a personal question they have no business asking.

I prefer to answer that question about my car like this:

Joe Bob: "How much did you pay for that there fancy car?"

Me: "Well, the sticker on it was $90K when it was new back in 2001. It's not worth that much anymore, but the car is holding its' value nicely."

This gets them off onto wondering what "holding its' value nicely" really means, and most of the time because they don't know what it means, they will change the subject so that there is no awkward silence while their brain ponders.

I hate that question because I'm not by any stretch a rich guy, and just saying how much I paid makes me feel like I'm bragging or being arrogant. I hate being put in that position.

That's just me.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had a huge debate with several people in the Z community about the "How much does it cost/what did you pay" question. There seem to be two schools of thought. The first says that that they're not asking how much YOU paid for YOUR car, they're just curious how much a Viper in general costs. They're not nosing into your personal business, they're asking you to inform them of the cost of the car, much like they would look it up on a web-site. They have no concept of the fact that they're asking a personal question that you interpret to be an inquiry into your managing of your money.

The second school of thought is that it's a personal question, they know it, and the're just too rude or mannerless to care that they're asking a personal question they have no business asking.

The question I always get is, "How much did you pay for that?" or "How much does it cost?". That is a personal and rude question IMO. One of which I don't answer. Now if someone ask, "How much does a Viper cost", or, "How much does a car like that cost", I could buy the 'just curious' reasoning and would probably answer. But the question is never posed that way....

BTW - Good way to answer the question - "A new one cost, etc...".

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still cannot get over you guys saying people think the hood vents are speakers. I just cannot believe that. If that ever happens to me, and it is not someone I am ever going to have to see again, I am going to pretend I am Billy Bob Thornton as Santa in Bad Santa when he says to the chubby kid in the car, "ARE YOU F____NG WITH ME!?!"

You must be registered for see images

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I get the "How much" question more than anything else, and it does make me feel awkward as well. I've never been much for having personal conversations with total strangers, so I get gas when the pumps are empty and I get away from the car if it's parked somewhere. I hate stop lights too because there's always one drunk hanging out the passenger side that feels the urge to express their enlightened comments. Why can't people just look at the car, say "ohh, ahh" and be on their way?

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

why not answer the question about the cost with a range:

"you can get one for 45-70k used"
or
"less then a new BMW or Lexus"

nothing personal about your finances there. its not like like there asking if you paid cash or had to finance it. im sure they think its hot and want to know if they can buy one in this lifetime. the car looks like its $150,000+. dont be so uptight. with your comments, you can make or break your own re-sale value. Build interest in the viper re-sale market.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

why not answer the question about the cost with a range:

"you can get one for 45-70k used"
or
"less then a new BMW or Lexus"

nothing personal about your finances there. its not like like there asking if you paid cash or had to finance it. im sure they think its hot and want to know if they can buy one in this lifetime. the car looks like its $150,000+. dont be so uptight. with your comments, you can make or break your own re-sale value. Build interest in the viper re-sale market.

Tell them it costs "well over a million" and it's the fastest car in the world. Then roll your eyes and walk away!

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I noticed this past weekend that when I'm driving the Viper, people will stare but never make a comment from the road, but when my father or my retired friend drives it, most people at a stoplight will yell out questions. When my friend told them it was mine the questions stopped. I'm 27 so I guess they think I'm a rich snob when I drive it, but with anyone older they assume it came from their Chrysler retirement pension.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's 2 more rude experiences I had in FL:

We were on the strip driving around and we pass a guy and he shoots me/the car a bird and says "screw Dodge, stick with Chevy". Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed or drink alcohol. I think he fits in both categories

I was at another gas station and this guy (mid 40's) rolls up on his bicycle and says (while yelling extremely loud)

Him: "WHAT THE F IS THAT?"
Me: Dodge Viper
Him: Will it chirp the tires
Me: Yes
Him: Do it
Me: Tires are too expensize
Him: I'll give ya $5 in gas money to do it
Me: Give me $500 for tires and I will
Him (yelling again): SPIN THEM <insert the "N" word here>

My eyes got so big, I couldnt believe he just said that! Especially yelling it in a public place where it was all different races of people standing around. I just drove off and kinda ducked my head incase bullets started flying.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Note to self: Stay away from Chad. Chad attracts the crazies. ;)

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Today, my co-worker said he had a dream about buying drugs from a dealer and then running from the cops in my Viper on the way to an amusement park. He wasn't kidding.

Park Somewhere else.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mine, I received when I was driving my My Dad's New Viper.

I was driving down the road and a girl of questionable values, felt it was appropriate to tell me:

"Your Car Makes my Pu$$y wet."

I look at my passenger and said "Did you hear that? Did she just say..." We werent sure, so we kept going on..

Next light, she pulls up next to us again, only louder this time, she repeats the phrase again.

Now had she been a complete hotty insteady of a hoochie, my passenger would have been walkin at that point.. lucky for him, she wasnt.

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang