Whats this 95 RT/10 worth?

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seller may want to take my corvette and some cash in on a trade, what is this thing really worth? He says it runs and drives straight but is "ghetto rigged on the top and windows" on everything else, no heater, and a/c doesn't work. And he recently replaced 1 tire (which scares me thinking the rest might blow out because of age) I'm also 99% sure those wheels aren't anything bigger than 18's, and I hate the tinted lights. But it has that cool hardtop and hard windows, and most importantly
its way I can get out of my vette and into my viper.

Also keep in mind I would definitely need to get the a/c replaced, along with a new set of tires

Oh and it is a rebuilt title.. which scares most people, but as long as it runs and drives straight and frame is good its fine for me.

Here is the link to his ad
Viper

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pics? Also, what is the mileage and what is the overall condition of the car. Hard to come up with a number or even a broad range without some additional info.

Sorry, just noticed the link.

Last edited:

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMHO I wouldn't touch that car with a ten foot pole...to each their own though. What sort of "newer" corvette are you giving this guy? If it's a C5 I'd just keep it. As long as it's reliable and you enjoy driving it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple things at quick glance...you say its a 95', the ad says 94' The "V" in "Viper" on the rear bumper looks torn. WTH is up with the under hood shot?! Wheels are OEM 99-02 wheels--18". Tinted tails--dangerous and most likely illegal. I'm with Witz...I'd steer clear of this one.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
passssss, unless you can get it for 18k then no matter what you cant lose, you can part out the car and regain your money if you have to, it has a aftermarket hood and a salvaged title....which kills the value

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 00 vette with 130k and its in pristine cond with no accidentrs or problems, I was thinking my car and 3k, should I still keep away? Or is it worth it?

And yeah I'm sorry the car is a 94, not sure why I wrote 95

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what your Vette is worth, but I'd bet that Viper is going to need a TON of TLC to get it up to par. It just doesn't look cared for at all from the pics. Not to mention the lie about having "20" rimes". What else is he lying about? Why did you give away your GTS a few weeks ago if you are just gonna jump right back in and get another salvage Viper? My suggestion- keep looking until you can find a decent non-salvage Viper.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
didnt you just get out of a viper with a salvaged title??? you saw what you got for the more expensive GTS, figure out the value of your vette and the cash being put down and if its 18K or under I think you are making a decent move as long as it drives ok not major frame issues........remember you will need to put new tire on $1500 and service/repair the AC $300 to $2000, plan for the worst with having to put in $3500, to be honest now thing what you have to possible spend i would make sure it comes at or under 17K

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20" Rims, LOL:lmao: thems is eighteens son!!!

Sure its rough but I'd take that viper over any Vette.:)

Gen2 hood with scoop, custom intake, 5-point harness, i wander who did all the work on her. From the looks of the engine bay i'd think she was daily driven in snow/salt roads and got caught behind the salt truck one to many times:crazy2:

I hope the stripe is vinyl otherwise i would think about a repaint or puting a larger stripe over that one and mirroring it to the other side for the classic dual GTS stripes.

I think another $5K would get you a nicer viper with much less needs. but then again i dont realy know the gen1 market...

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, agree with above, I wouldn't touch this car! There are other "nice" Vipers around for similar prices. What is the deal with the engine compartment and all that white "stuff"...is that rock salt? Its all over the engine and no self respecting Viper owner would leave their motor like that...the fact that he took a picture of it like that tells you something. I have no problem with the wheels (later Gen II), lots of guys change to later wheels.

Too many unknowns to bother...and to trade a decent Corvette, in my opinion, would be a mistake. Plus the known issues - a/c and heater - could potentially be pretty expensive, three tires with high speed balancing is close to $1k and who knows what else....is the frame straight, no signs of under the car damage...just because he says it drives straight doesn't mean it is straight.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. There are entirely too many arrows pointing to a car that has been NOT taken care of. You can find nicer Gen 1's for that same price that, at a minimum, look better and have a better store (not salvaged and not odd replacements or fixes).

Don't waste your time with it...move on. Here is one I know you could get for 24 or 25k..and would feel better about it...and I could even look at it for you. Dodge Viper 1994 / Only 28K Miles !! / Black with Gray Leather

just my 2 cents.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think it could make a good track car if you can get it for a song.....but if you want a viper you can ride around in with pride others are right spend a few extra bucks, i bit of a straight forward question why are you looking to get into another salvage....you just got out of one??? makes little sense to me

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELL NO!
There's no telling how much money you would have to sink into that thing to get just back to decent!
I'm with the others in believing that if he'll post pics of it looking like that, this car hasn't been taken care of AT ALL! Looks like the money pit from hell to me.
I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole even if it had a clean title, much less a salvage title!

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He agreed to 4 and my vette but I do not want to give that, I'm sure he will take 3, but my vette is worth between 14-15k, so a viper for $17-18k wouldn't be too bad a loss, he lives about 2 1/2hrs away from me, so of course I will get through a very very deep inspections on his car before we do anything, but if it checks out I think it would be nice car to drive around for the summer and resell for $17-18k at the end of summer, right? I just really am not a fan of the vette, its just not the same as a Viper

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*fill-up*, please walk away!!!

Ah if you say walk away I think I might have too, you helped me with everything on my other two vipers, so you know best :/ But he is going to send me the vin and more pictures tonight maybe they will look a little better

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay away!! I'm lost..you sell a salvaged (good condition) GTS, buy a Vette, and now you want a worn out salvaged R/T 10. There are alot nicer salvaged Vipers out there.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG why does it have that ricer non-functioning hood and all that other crap? Someone let their 15 year old son get a hold of that? Honestly, I say buy it and make it look decent, that person is a total tool and doesn't deserve a viper. I wouldn't give him any money for it, he should pay you to take it off his hands, he obviously doesn't know *** he is doing with it. Looks like someone used a fire extinguisher on the engine bay.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you plan on selling at the end of the summer, then my statements above go double!
You will sink so much money into that thing to get it presentable to drive around and then go through the same problems this guy is having trying to sell it. Even if you get 17k-18k for it, you will lose a lot of money just from you have to put into it. Not to mention, selling a slavage car is a *****. No bank will ever give a loan on one.
I know you've already done it once, and if it wasn't too bad to get rid of, consider yourself very lucky!

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sell the vette and look for a clean viper, there's a 94 or 95 close to me in Michigan with about 50,000 miles on it, he says its very clean and has clear title, new tires, he said he'll take $20,000. If it's as clean as he says I think $20,000 is a good price.

coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO, something is fishy when a guy wants to get rid of his Viper and get into a Vette. There may be some undisclosed problems.

If you absolutely must get back into a Viper, it wouldn't hurt to have a look at that car IN PERSON. The dirt can be washed off, but you need to drive the car, check underneath it, look at the oil condition, things like that. Those will tell you about the car's upkeep.

If and ONLY IF it is indeed better in person than in pics, offer him an EVEN trade. :2tu:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my honest opinion, don't ever buy a salvaged car. Why would you anyway? Seems pointless and a waste of money...

Just look for a Viper with a clean title and in the best condition possible for the price you're willing to pay. If there aren't any currently available in your price range, then you simply can't afford one at the moment. It's as simple as that. I saved up a $15,000 down payment for 2 years before I bought mine and then took a loan out for the rest. You get what you pay for and great things always take time. So just save your money towards a clean one.

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. wow.. Did someone light the engine on fire, and put out with foam?? The might be the most beat to hell Viper Ive ever seen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4