What's wrong with this SRT10 ... So Cheaaaaaaaaaap ?!?!?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: What\'s wrong with this SRT10 ... So Cheaaaaaaaaaap ?!?!?

Dayuum! Can that be for real?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My guess is that everything is right except for the buy-it-now price, which is probably supposed to be $77K or more likely 87K. :( Once the seller gets a flood of e-mails, he will quickly revise the ad to reflect the correct price. :p

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its been pulled....imagine that

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got an e-mail reply, and the car is apparently in the Netherlands (imagine that), and they are looking for money to be sent electronically.

Everything pointed to it being a scam originally, now even moreso. Oh well.

-Dean.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you check you will see that this same exact car is being offered on another auction at the same time. The other one appears to be legit. I've emailed the other seller to warn him about the one that aj points out above.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If you check you will see that this same exact car is being offered on another auction at the same time. The other one appears to be legit. I've emailed the other seller to warn him about the one that aj points out above.
Certainly this is wishful thinking at best, a 2004 Viper SRT-10 (MSRP $84795) with an Ebay ButItNow for $36,500 ... not a chance. Even a BuyItNow for 2X that price at $73,000 would likely be restored wreck. Smells like a typo or maybe something worse.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, this is unfortunately a new scam (Pre-approved buyer).
Just like the Nigerian letters that promise free money, the clue here is that they have the car in "Italy", or "Norway", and you need to send them money to show that you are serious about buying the car.

I'm guessing that they are first stealing the identity of someone legitimate on E-Bay (probably with the "you need to update your e-Bay account" false e-mail) then using someone's good account and good feedback record, they copy someone elses E-Bay ad, and then change the names and prices to lure people in.

Hopefull E-Bay will soon find some way to stop this kind of scam. But in the meantime, if it looks too good...

-Dean.