Wheel Offsets

mxz900

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know what the wheel offset difference is between a Gen II and a Gen III is? If I run a set of Gen II's on my Gen III is there going to be tire sticking out of the wheel well, or vice versa, a gap between the edge of the wheel well and the tire?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will have a ride height issue in the rear. The stock GEN III wheels in the rear are 19's while the GEN II's are 18's.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think offsets are the same, but you might have brake caliper clearance, especially the ebrake caliper. You would have to run a relocation kit at a minimum.

OP
OP
M

mxz900

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm aware of the ebrake caliper clearance as these are 18" both front and back. I'm more concerned with any offset differences. Anyone know if the Gen2's offset is different than the Gen 3s?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goto the 1010tires.com tire calculator and type in the tire sizes for the 18s and the 345/40R19 stock SRT rears. It will give you the outside diameter and you'll be able to tell how much extra wheelgap you'll have

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT stock wheels are a more positive offset than Gen2. You will hit on the Gen3 caliper faces if you try to put any stock Gen2 wheels on a Gen3. Also the front Gen3 doesn't have enough positive offset to clear on the Gen3 rear. Aftermarket wheels often run with a little more positive offset than stock I have often found. I guess you could run spacers, but these are ******* the bearings, and for 18" rears on Gen3 you would need the park brake adapter from Partsrack.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang