wheels chromed ?

tacodan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
who does wheel chroming ? have a gen1,will keep rest of car original, IF I do it, also,should I do it ?,will it hurt the value of the car ?
tacodan

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the process of having my SRT 5 spokes done in PVD chrome - it isn't a chrome dipping process, but rather a powder coating process that ends up looking 90-95% chrome, and has a very nice warranty on the finish (5 years). The wheels are currently out of my hands, so I don't know how it will all turn out, but it might be an option worth looking into.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with Slithr, Calchrome does a Great job. And i almost guarantee you would love them. But i'm leaning the same way Steve is. I am also looking at get my stock wheels "chromed" over the winter and i am thinking PVD might be the way to go. There is a place near me that does it and i would not have to ship my wheels all the way across the States.
Good luck and keep us posted.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of benefits to PVD over chrome. 85% lighter the main one in my opinion.
PM your email, and I'll send you a PVD brochure that might give you some extra info.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who does wheel chroming ? have a gen1,will keep rest of car original, IF I do it, also,should I do it ?,will it hurt the value of the car ?
tacodan

I don't read much of any discussion on this forum about the need to keep a car original. In 20 years it will be a selling point; but, probably not for the next xx years, IMHO. Do what makes your ownership more pleasurable. I think that only body modifications and non-OEM color paint jobs would be large devaluers. Lots of people want to personalize their wheel choice these days, so, I doubt it will hurt the value significantly. Ask yourself if that was a factor when you bought the car? Do you think that people like you are the target audience when selling?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Used Calchrome for my 5 spokes on my SRT - and you will not be disappointed. While PVD looks intriguing - it absolutely will not match a true chrome finish. The weight argument is for the uniformed and is a joke. Loved the chrome finish on my '92.5:

5122OLDSCHO.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21