Wheels for 98 GTS

nbTX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time poster and new Viper owner; been a dream car since I was a kid.

Just got an all-stock '98 GTS; bad news is that the tires are toast and I didn't do enough due diligence ahead of time and have just found out that tires are impossible to come by for the 17" rear; at least in a reasonable matching set. So I started looking to upgrade wheels, which I'd hoped to put off for a couple years at least!

Would love to upgrade to a black set of newer, perhaps Gen 5, 18"/19" for which tires are more available and reasonable to replace.

I'm interested in any help this community could provide for a new member and look forward to contributing and sharing my experience!

Anyone selling? Know of any stock hiding out somewhere that I haven't checked? For now my baby will be hanging out in the garage for some routine maintenance but look forward to getting her out on the road soon!

OP
OP
N

nbTX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I have reached out to Jon as well. Last I heard most of his stock was tapped out as well...

Stoney901

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not OEM but I just bought some 18/19 Forgestars for my Gen2. Waiting on them to come in.

maxpower29

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest finding a shop you know to get the tires. Everyone kept telling me the same thing and yet i i we down the road and a guy ordered me a brand new set of stock 17s size. Michelin something's I forget. Was like 2100 Canadian