1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheels for 98 GTS

Discussion in 'What'cha Need for Your Snake?' started by nbTX, Dec 3, 2019.

1. nbTX

nbTX Enthusiast

First time poster and new Viper owner; been a dream car since I was a kid.

Just got an all-stock '98 GTS; bad news is that the tires are toast and I didn't do enough due diligence ahead of time and have just found out that tires are impossible to come by for the 17" rear; at least in a reasonable matching set. So I started looking to upgrade wheels, which I'd hoped to put off for a couple years at least!

Would love to upgrade to a black set of newer, perhaps Gen 5, 18"/19" for which tires are more available and reasonable to replace.

I'm interested in any help this community could provide for a new member and look forward to contributing and sharing my experience!

Anyone selling? Know of any stock hiding out somewhere that I haven't checked? For now my baby will be hanging out in the garage for some routine maintenance but look forward to getting her out on the road soon!

2. Frank Parise

Frank Parise VCA Venom Member VCA Member

Suggest you contact Jon Brobst at Parts Rack. He is a trusted Viper wheel and tire expert.

3. nbTX

nbTX Enthusiast

Thanks, I have reached out to Jon as well. Last I heard most of his stock was tapped out as well...

4. Stoney901

Stoney901 Enthusiast

Not OEM but I just bought some 18/19 Forgestars for my Gen2. Waiting on them to come in.

5. Frank Parise

Frank Parise VCA Venom Member VCA Member