Where are the Gen 1's???

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep seeing posts of all these Viper events around the US. Nice pictures, but where are the Gen 1's? If there were 4990 produced in the US (not all still living) and 10512 Gen 2's produced in the US (3732 Gen 2 RT's) produced in the US then why don't I see Gen 1's in more pictures. It seems rare that you see Gen 1's in any pictures. A lot of GTS's, and Gen 2 RT's, but hardly any Gen 1's...am if off here???

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most people who originally bought Gen1's have since added Gen2's, and the Gen1 is now living a leasurely life of retirement. The exception is you will see couple's who take both out.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are 6 or so Gen I's in my area. One Twin Turbo Gen I, One Roe Supercharged Gen I, and my heads, cam N20 Gen I. I drive it all the time, my drives the chick car / GTS.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Retired? Gen 1's placed 1rst and 2nd in the NY-CT vs. NJ VCA Autocross.

It's the young bull - old bull story. Gen 2 and Gen 3 guys look down the hill, see the herd and say "let's run down there and .... beat up on a Corvette." Gen 1 guy says "nah, let's walk down and beat them all."

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who know maybe someday the National VCA President will drive a Gen 1. Here's a couple pics.

Attachments

• F1 Dyno 2.jpg
    F1 Dyno 2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Jeff Viperf Soft Top.jpg
    Jeff Viperf Soft Top.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 28

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no thanks on the GenII or III, I couldn't be happier with my real VIPER:

There were 4 GenI's at this Georgia VCA event, 3 red (one is hidden), 1 black (obviously the McViper is a Gen 1.5, so its doesn't count)
7107VCABBQ_002.jpg

33.jpg

pics_008.jpg

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are only 2 GEN Is in the KC VCA (That's out of 100 or so members) I like the fact that I have the rarest car around. :)

8AV8

VCA Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

There are still plenty of us around.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think gen 1.5 is ok it does start with 1,feel better
now that you belong some where?:2tu: (JK)

Skeeter

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Gen 1's definitely are timeless beauties! Mine is still in hibernation although I did go over to the storage facility to get my lawn mower out - so it wont be long now. Had to get some seat time. Sat in it and made a number of VROOOM, VROOOM sounds.

I will be facing a tough decision in the near future as you can see from my avatar. I am knee deep in an SRT Street Serpent conversion project and will probably have to sell one. I do have my '93 listed in the classifieds - but would be perfectly happy to try to figure out a way to keep both. Already looking at 4 post lifts and sizing up what it will take on my garage door.

A pics worth a thousand words. Here's my "Old School" 93:
5122OLDSCHO.JPG

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine, so far about 46.000 miles with my GEN 1 buddies. Most of my friends here have GEN 1's. (Except the mislead ones..., but they usually are forced to see our rear bumpers, not the exhaust pipe tips...)

There are 6 or so Gen I's in my area. One Twin Turbo Gen I, One Roe Supercharged Gen I, and my heads, cam N20 Gen I.

:nana:

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
glad to see alot of the Gen 1 guys chime in. I put close to 11k a year on my car and love it. However, when I see image postings or even attend Viper gatherings, I always see Gen 2 Vipers out number Gen 1's 10:1...and that is even if the Gen 1's are there....just my case?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21