Where did my reverse go?

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I got my Viper back recently from it's engine mods and it runs real strong, no complaints there. But today, after using reverse to back out of the garage and commuting to the hospital parking lot, I tried to go into reverse multiple times without success. Hurst shifter, no problems in the forward gears/linkage. Is thee a reverse lockout electrical connector that my have gone out/ loose? Can't get out there until later today and I might be able to get it to the Viper Tech but just wanted any insights from you guys. Thanks in adance for your input.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it go into position of reverse, but just not move? Or you can't get it over to the right and up? If it's the latter, I would bet the reverse lockout failed or the electrical was cut off some how. If the power is turned off, you will not be able to put it in reverse. Let us know what actually happened.

OP
OP
C

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the prompy reply. Engine running but cant move shifter into reverse....all other forward gears OK.

OP
OP
C

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Is there a fuse specifically for the reverse lock-out? Good thought to check out...thanks.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
In retrospect, it is the run-start fuse...which IS working. Would check the connectors at the reverse lock-out solenoid itself...clean and reattach, try again.

If you need info from the service manual or from the powertrain manual...call me.

317-402-9013

OP
OP
C

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve,

At least I won't just stand there at the service department scratching my head! I figured it was the switch also. Again, thanks all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4