Where is the new Prez?

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure he's getting ready for the Pres meetings in AZ this weekend. We'll be getting together soon. Just make sure you're ready...:headbang:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is makein moonshine in the hills right now for ya,ll

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, OK...I'm back from doing Prez stuff and finishing a newsletter (yeah, you read it right). Big plans in the works (gotta say that), starting with our kick off party at the Scherzberg house in Enterprise, AL this coming weekend! Just one of those political favors I promised during the campaign... Actually, we DO have a lot planned and the newsletter will hit on that. You can come up North and do some snow driftin' if you're bored!

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I can't wait for this cold weather to leave!!!! Think the summer will peak out at 75-80 degrees this year due to global cooling? :D:D:D

Last edited:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a date yet for the Tail of Dragon 2011? Looking to get the word out for the upcoming Viper Magazine and an update to the Carolinas members - don't need any other details yet but date, and would be good to have a thread set up for it as well, to link to for updates.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a date yet for the Tail of Dragon 2011? Looking to get the word out for the upcoming Viper Magazine and an update to the Carolinas members - don't need any other details yet but date, and would be good to have a thread set up for it as well, to link to for updates.

Me and Brett briefly discussed it in AZ. Preliminary date is the same as usual--weekend after Memorial Day, but thats NOT set in stone yet.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ga VCA BBQ weekend at my house July 30th.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, OK...I'm back from doing Prez stuff and finishing a newsletter (yeah, you read it right). Big plans in the works (gotta say that), starting with our kick off party at the Scherzberg house in Enterprise, AL this coming weekend! Just one of those political favors I promised during the campaign... Actually, we DO have a lot planned and the newsletter will hit on that. You can come up North and do some snow driftin' if you're bored!

10 posts !!!! *** .... did they just get internet in Alabama ?? :D
(our prez has over 13,000 !!!!!)

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With this post I officially get to my 9000th post!!!

You're still a bigger ***** than me.....................................

:lmao::lmao::lmao: :lmao:

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK...I'm working 13-15 hour days 6-7 days a week...I'm numb to this at the moment; however, when things settle down, I'll be able to double my posts in about as fast as the Georgia Prez's car does the quarter (disqualified usually because the left blinker is on).

Doesn't mean there aren't any plans, we're now looking at something like this:

March - J Daniels <-> George Dickel Whiskey Run
April - Mountaintop Ranch weekend, N Tenn run
May - Viper Rendezvous (autocross trials) TBD
June - Tail o' Draggin'
July - Tony's Big Bash
Sept - Fall Cookout in AL (Tony's is a backup)
Oct - Nashville Speedway/Autocross/Fall Foliage Run
Nov - Open...thinking T'Giving at Tony's
Dec - Christmas Party at Tony's

Gotta get back to work (Yep, today's been a 17 hr & no square meals...I'm gonna feel this tomorrow!)

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As for the Tail, it'll be the 1st weekend in June unless we cannot get the hotel. I'll book it this weekend and ask the folks at Deal's Gap to please reserve the road only for Vipers. Been trying to get in touch with Matt Chambers but he's ignoring all communication attempts...

2 posts in one day, a personal record...

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We noticed on the news last week a story about the Filthiest, Nastiest Hotels in the US. Remember where we stayed a few yrs ago for the Dragon? The Grand Resort? Number 1 on the list!! :lmao:
Are you looking in to the Shular Inn again? They enjoy us being there and work very well with us. I'd be glad to call them if you want. :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Brett,
You see what you get to put up with for the next 2, uh, I mean 6 years? :D

You have to be a mental case to do this job more than 4 years. Oh wait, this is my 5th year? Seriously??? :D

July - Tony's Big Bash

Has Tony approved all that? If not, I bet he's gonna be mad. Soooooo...count me in! :rolaugh:

As for the Tail, it'll be the 1st weekend in June unless we cannot get the hotel. I'll book it this weekend and ask the folks at Deal's Gap to please reserve the road only for Vipers. Been trying to get in touch with Matt Chambers but he's ignoring all communication attempts...

2 posts in one day, a personal record...

What we talked about last year was getting everyone to rent a cabin in the neighborhood I've stayed in the past 2-3 times. It actually comes out cheaper than a hotel if you have 3-4 people splitting it and they all have 3-4 bedrooms, covered parking, jacuzzi, etc. We could absolutely own that neighborhood :D DragonRider and Stretch will both attest to this being a good idea.....and finding 2 people to agree with me normally isn't easy :D

We noticed on the news last week a story about the Filthiest, Nastiest Hotels in the US. Remember where we stayed a few yrs ago for the Dragon? The Grand Resort? Number 1 on the list!! :lmao:

All I remember from that trip was a 3am walk to Hardees and then walking up to the drive thru window with a couple other delinquents. None of which have previously posted in this thread....except ummm, Tony :rolaugh:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cough, cough :D
What I "meant" to say was that it's nice to see someone that actually has a life away from the forum unlike our Prezzzident !! :rolaugh:

OK...I'm working 13-15 hour days 6-7 days a week...I'm numb to this at the moment; however, when things settle down, I'll be able to double my posts in about as fast as the Georgia Prez's car does the quarter (disqualified usually because the left blinker is on).

Doesn't mean there aren't any plans, we're now looking at something like this:

March - J Daniels <-> George Dickel Whiskey Run
April - Mountaintop Ranch weekend, N Tenn run
May - Viper Rendezvous (autocross trials) TBD
June - Tail o' Draggin'
July - Tony's Big Bash

Gotta get back to work (Yep, today's been a 17 hr & no square meals...I'm gonna feel this tomorrow!)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What we talked about last year was getting everyone to rent a cabin in the neighborhood I've stayed in the past 2-3 times. It actually comes out cheaper than a hotel if you have 3-4 people splitting it and they all have 3-4 bedrooms, covered parking, jacuzzi, etc. We could absolutely own that neighborhood :D DragonRider and Stretch will both attest to this being a good idea.....and finding 2 people to agree with me normally isn't easy :D

As much as I hate to admit it publicly, I do agree with Chad on this one. That cabin was a nice place to stay. I did feel bad driving through there past midnight though. There's just no way to sneak a Viper anywhere when it's that loud. I've already marked the calendar for June, is there room in the cabin for a yellow Viper again? :D

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The cabins are a good idea, but with a large group whose unofficial motto is "Fast Cars, Slow People", it's difficult to coordinate without a line-of-sight and "within yelling distance" system. I personally would prefer the cabin idea, but having everything in sight (cars & people) from outside your room does really help with coordinating matters. I'm booking the Shular Inn, but am going up there in a couple of weeks to check out other sites. Also, our club's first get-together is at a resort with spread-out cottages, so we'll see how that goes.

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chad, With 14 posts to my credit now, my calculations show that my online posts are now approaching the number of times you've actually logged off the forum (It's a geeky math thing...).

Before I forget, what's the name of the rental agency for that group of cabins?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've already marked the calendar for June, is there room in the cabin for a yellow Viper again? :D

Consider your room reserved :2tu: I reserve the right to cancel said reservation if we find a non-yellow Viper who needs a room :D

The cabins are a good idea, but with a large group whose unofficial motto is "Fast Cars, Slow People", it's difficult to coordinate without a line-of-sight and "within yelling distance" system.

Good point. In that respect, the cabins prob aren't ideal for the entire group.

Before I forget, what's the name of the rental agency for that group of cabins?

Fireside Chalets

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't EVEN want to know what goes on in those cabins !!!!
I forget the saying...what is it...."if the cabin is rockin" ...................

Well, I forget exactly ;)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't EVEN want to know what goes on in those cabins !!!!
I forget the saying...what is it...."if the cabin is rockin" ...................

Well, I forget exactly ;)

Don't make me post the *** you sent me BEGGING for a space in the cabin. After what you said in those ***, I couldn't even look at the jacuzzi while we were there without having horrible flashbacks to what you said you wanted to use it for.

p.s.--I would've went with the "stabbin cabin" saying. "if the cabin is rockin" is so overplayed :D

p.p.s.- you got a ******* up there yet? I'm debating if I want to go to your BBQ this year and be harassed by you again. The ******* being open could swing my vote :rolaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62