where to buy windshield in Canada?

Don_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS windshield developed a large crack so I have to replace it. I'm looking for a rough price of what you guys have paid for an OEM windshield. Thanks.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two words: Chuck Tator :2tu: He even knows his shipping addresses as I asked him about an affordable shipping company to ship 2 Michelin XGTZ tires from Canada to The Netherlands :laugh: As of yet I am waiting for a price quote but I have no doubt that it will be way less than the $1450 that FedEx threw onto my roof :crazy:

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are cheap. I believe they are Dealer only but I was quoted something like $450.00,uninstalled, which was a pleasant surprise. I didn't actually need to replace it, I was just curious.

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess I have to look harder. I was quoted ~$720 for one installed :(

Maybe the install is $270 but that seems a bit much. Some glass also requires an install kit which tacks another $120 or so onto the w/s price so that might be it. Also you have another $50+ in PST. Remember that shops get a better rate than the buying public for dealer parts. I weaseled 10% off the cost of my day time running light module just by pointing this out. I don't know if any partsman can do that on any part but you definitely want to ask "is that the best price you can give me?" Same with glass shops and body shops. Even at $700 CDN that is not bad for such a low production car.

OP
OP
D

Don_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently saw a post where someone bought a windshield from autolite (sp?) for ~$350 installed so I figured canadian prices shouldn't be off by that much. I'll call around and see what people can do.