Where's the video of the '10 Nurburgring run???

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
B-roll in Germany from multiple sources 9/14

Transport, Consolidation, Cutting, editing, re-cut, re-edit, submit final to DA BOSSES for approval, and their input. Edit in music track if any and get THOSE licensed..... production time.....

IT HAS ONLY BEEN 7 BUSINESS DAYS !!!

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any more reports of the helicopter that was apparently there filming the SRT8 for a commercial? Hopefully it picked up arial footage of the vipers

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
JonB,
Ron gets movies out quicker than that! :lmao:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Uhhh....I hope not.
That's for later, we need to see the run soon.

Yep. They putting Sport Cups on the LFA as we speak. Get the Video proof out now. Get the vid on youtube. Make it official.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, all the news outlets have already run the story and everyone has already discounted it on all the auto forums because there was no proof given to support it.

Releasing a video now will only get a small fraction of the press I would think. Opportunity mostly lost in my opinion.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Great opportunity missed by taking so long to release this. Very poorly handled, IMO.

drl650

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why so long for the Video? The ZR1 and Lexus video was out within a day or two? I think the thunder has been lost. I have seen a few sites that say the time is not official is this true?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hope they develop the Gen5 at the Ring.

At least if the Gen4 don't get it's proper credit, the Gen 5 will.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KenH:3003226 said:
Unfortunately, all the news outlets have already run the story and everyone has already discounted it on all the auto forums because there was no proof given to support it.

Releasing a video now will only get a small fraction of the press I would think. Opportunity mostly lost in my opinion.

Yep. No video, no record.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty easy for those of you that have not even spent one thin dime on this effort to sit at your keyboard and complain.

It is far more difficult to field a ring effort.

Perhaps the complainers should express a little appreciation for all the money spent, strategy organized, optimization of the resources available.
For those who paid for the shipping, staffing, tires, fuel, track time, informing the appropriate authorities of the ring record attempt.

Thanks for those that wired the cars with telemetry and internal instrumentation, with cameras and video to document the event and make it official.

Thanks for the field work to effect the repairs necessary, and field the drivers who could get the job done.

Thanks for the helicopter pilot and video onboard to cover the entire track.

Thanks for the dealer that provided the cars, for Dodge that provided the support.

There was a ton of work done to produce this very successful ring record effort. They pulled it off in a spectacular way that made the entire ViperNation proud.

So maybe instead of so much complaining a little gratitude would be more appreciated by those that did the work.
And a little video would not hurt too : >)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess you didn't notice the ten bazillion thank you's in the other thread?

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All that said this video should have been out already, I agree. However, this was released info way before dodge was ready in my opinion. Everyone who knew the time just HAD TO LET everyone know they knew before Dodge was ready. How soon did Lexus let everyone know after they set their record? Enough time for the video editing etc....? Be patient, criticize the people that let the time known before dodge had a chance to let everyone know officially. How long had Chevy had their new times before released? My guess, more than a few days. Bash away but this was leaked the day it happened and did NOT give Dodge a proper chance to prepare for a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT. Let's give them another couple days before getting on them too much.

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that when the video is released it will go under the radar with automotive media outlets

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be worth waiting for. Nothing rushed too quickly comes out right. I'm sure the video will be the bomb.... just hope it does not have music dubbed over that engine note!

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem will be if Lexus goes out and beats the record, shows video and proof before the ACR video shows up then it will be all for nothing. Nobody is going to be excited about old news. In this day and age it would be easy to show a quick in car video for proof and then do all the fancy editing etc after for a video to sell.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think srt cares about blabin there record to everyone, they know what they have and the real deal is for only the big shots concern, it will trickle down the line on its own, we allready know this and if it gets topped, they will look silly,as someone stated,everyone is over there

F

FrgMstr

i dont think srt cares about blabin there record to everyone, they know what they have and the real deal is for only the big shots concern, it will trickle down the line on its own, we allready know this and if it gets topped, they will look silly,as someone stated,everyone is over there

Yeah, all that money was spent just so SRT would be all warm and fuzzy inside. Don't fool yourself, the 'Ring is about marketing and nothing else now days.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:sorry2::rolaugh:i know and we all have have read what they did, the sheep will allways tell the world before the big guns will, history repeats itself again, and again and again

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, all that money was spent just so SRT would be all warm and fuzzy inside. Don't fool yourself, the 'Ring is about marketing and nothing else now days.

These guys are a proud bunch, and rightfully so. 100% Marketing? Why would SRT spend $$$$ and time, (amid their G-5 workloads) to market a DISCONTINUED MODEL, 2 years old?

PRIDE.................Re-establish dominance to set a baseline for G-5. ? (and maybe a bit of marketing SRT-8 Jeep to justify to the bean-counters?) Ive been taking hits of Team Viper Adreneline since 1993, and this batch is GREAT!

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All that said this video should have been out already, I agree. However, this was released info way before dodge was ready in my opinion. Everyone who knew the time just HAD TO LET everyone know they knew before Dodge was ready. How soon did Lexus let everyone know after they set their record? Enough time for the video editing etc....? Be patient, criticize the people that let the time known before dodge had a chance to let everyone know officially. How long had Chevy had their new times before released? My guess, more than a few days. Bash away but this was leaked the day it happened and did NOT give Dodge a proper chance to prepare for a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT. Let's give them another couple days before getting on them too much.

How long did it take the first time Dodge got the record?? I have no idea. Did the same thing happen or did it take weeks before anybody had any numbers?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The challenges are exactly as shown above. The first Viper Nürburgring effort was kept VERY quiet by all involved, including the VCA. The run was done on August 18, 2008 and first made public when shown to VOI attendees on August 30, 2008. Until then not even many of the Chrysler execs knew about the run and there wasn't a peep about the cars even being in Germany (despite being on the live Nürburgring web cams and nobody noticed). Everybody involved understood how important it was to be able to back up a record run with video confirmation and they really wanted the folks attending VOI to see it first. It was an amazing dinner that night and the rush to the front (to be close to the video screens) was a sight to behold. It was simply awesome.

This time around you had more folks at the track, some of which were justifiably excited to be there. While it was made clear that the times weren't to be announced, it was too much for some to resist informing their friends who were, in turn, "sworn to secrecy". Unfortunately, once given to those friends the chain was quickly broken and soon people were dropping hints and posting about revising their decals by one digit. Faced with continued rumors getting completely out of hand (6:59), the VCA worked with Dodge/SRT to make an "unofficial" announcement - well before it was planned.

Now it is the nature of many Viper owners and vendors to be a boastful bunch, often competing to be first on the track, go-carts, or posting record track times. Let's face it, there aren't a lot of wallflowers that buy Vipers unless they plan to put them away as investments. And if it helps them market their products or services, then all bets are off. Even SRT, while undoubtedly proud beyond belief to have reestablished the record, knows that this is marketing gold. The VCA is incredibly protective of these confidences as we want them to continue for many years to come. It's not that the club isn't as excited as everybody else, but that the club understands that in order to bring exciting news to its members before the general public we need to follow the manufacturer's wishes to the letter. It is just a matter of timing - on and off the track.

All that said, look for official video right here on the VCA site shortly. And you can tell your friends too. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth