Which car would you choose?

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were faced with making a decision of having to get rid of $45-50K and your choices were to keep your current Viper and buy either a 96 B/W GTS or a new SRT Challenger or trade your current Viper on a new Gen 5, what would you do?

PootyP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New Viper, hands down
JMO but a 96 is 16 yrs old and slower than your current viper
SRT Challenger, although its SRT is still a challenger and there are 1000s of them on the road
Gen 5... **** you will be the only one around for a year or two and with the new interior those things are untouchable... i wish i could upgrade to one

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep your current ACR for two more years, then when the Gen 5 ACR comes out buy it.
You'll go from the fastest production car in the world to the fastest production car in the world.
Trust me, after driving a Gen 4 ACR the 96 is a bucket of slow bolts.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not having actually seen, touched, or smelled a Gen 5 yet...it's too early to tell.

But I really love my bucket of Gen 2 bolts.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the SRT-8 Challenger. Great car and something different. If you can have both a Viper and Challenger then do that. If you like the Challenger then get one. So what if there are 1,000s on the road as long as you like it. I have the only SRT-8 Redline Challenger in my town. There are a lot of Challengers, but not that many 392 ones and it does get a lot of looks.

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the SRT-8 Challenger. Great car and something different. If you can have both a Viper and Challenger then do that. If you like the Challenger then get one. So what if there are 1,000s on the road as long as you like it. I have the only SRT-8 Redline Challenger in my town. There are a lot of Challengers, but not that many 392 ones and it does get a lot of looks.
I have a White Vanishing Point Challenger, well my daughter has it, but it's technically mine. She gets a lot of compliments on it, even though it is a 6 cyl with wheels and scoops. It has the look. They are very nice cars. I have run the SRT 392 Hemi on a track and they are impressive.

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep your current ACR for two more years, then when the Gen 5 ACR comes out buy it.
You'll go from the fastest production car in the world to the fastest production car in the world.
Trust me, after driving a Gen 4 ACR the 96 is a bucket of slow bolts.
Sounds like a plan.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd wait and see how the Gen V is doing - if it isn't enough to sway you over your current ride, you can pick up a Challenger SRT8. Daughter wil be enthralled knowing her Challenger will be practically hers!

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would keep the current. It's hard to get them back after they're gone. Even if it's the same year it's not the same car. Tried that with my first car (Old T-Bird) the magic wasn't there.
Mark

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember you telling me how you missed your B/W a few years ago when you checked out that 2000 ACR for me. I think you had an 08 coupe back then. That SSG ACR is so sweet but I bet you could swap it for a mint B/W or other mint GTS with someone here plus cash and then get a Gen V too. If you do decide not to keep the SSG ACR now is the time to get rid of it. I wish I had your problems.:D

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you were faced with making a decision of having to get rid of $45-50K and your choices were to keep your current Viper and buy either a 96 B/W GTS or a new SRT Challenger or trade your current Viper on a new Gen 5, what would you do?

I would make the decision after driving the Gen V. Not a chance would the money go to a challenger over a GTS though. I sure wish I had my final edition in my garage next to my SSG. I enjoy driving the Gen IV hands down, but there is something about my Gen I and Gen II cars that I really liked. They just look so wicked.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the depreciation does not bother you get the Gen V. Financially the Gen II would be the better move and is probably just as cool of a car as the Gen V will be.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could spend part of that $45,000 and buy our 01 Sapphire GTS/ACR
Then with the SSG Gen V comes out in 2014, contact us and we would discuss purchasing your #11 of 30 SSG ACR!

He apparently wants to go back to THE classic GTS of all time, the quintessential Blue and White.
Oh snap there is a '97 in the classifieds that fits the bill to a tee, virtually stock except for name brand exhaust components....

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the depreciation does not bother you get the Gen V. Financially the Gen II would be the better move and is probably just as cool of a car as the Gen V will be.

Now, THIS man knoweth what he talketh about! :smirk:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not if you count the engine heat in the passenger compartment..... :D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and is probably just as cool of a car as the Gen V will be.

de·lu·sion (d
You must be registered for see images
-l
You must be registered for see images attach
zh
n)

1. a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.

2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at
hand.

3. A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Nothing beats a classic" (ai-n't nut'tin' datt beetza klas-sik):

Am. phrase:

(1) to describe warm, fuzzy feelings that are associated with ownership of a Gen. 2 Viper.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

either keep your Viper or trade it in, but PLEASE don not buy a SRT Challenger to drive over a Viper............NEVER......

:rolleyes: :omg: :nono: