Which ones are the "safe" mods?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which ones are the \"safe\" mods?

So I'm on the hunt right now, and I keep seeing Vipers with lots of engine mods. Some have S/C's (almost all are the ROE systems, these seem to be the defacto standard for the Viper), some have cams, etc.

I'm the type to always be weary of shopping for cars that have been modified (I have a heavily modded 350Z), but I was wondering what mods you all would consider "safe" to purchase on a used car.

I know it's a very subjective question, but any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Which ones are the

It really is too hard to tell. You could buy a totally stock Viper that was beat to S@*T...or you could by a Blown, juiced Viper that has been babied beyond belief....If its stock you generally have a better chance on a nicer car though...Best of luck...Plus if you buy one that is already modded out.......What fun is left?? :2tu:

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dont forget the stickers, lots of stickers ;)

Oh aren't we just the funny man!!! LOL.

My Z is a show car, and it's sponsored, so the vinyl was kind of a pre-requisite for the "job", but the Viper will never see any of that. Imports are one thing, but the Viper is an entirely different animal (even if the Z is putting down over 400 to the wheels and will hold it's own against a Gen-I Viper.) Thanks for the jab though. ;)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Any mods indicate to me a car was probably driven harder than one without.

Stock muscle cars always go for top dollar at the Barrett Jackson.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The best mod you can get is driving school. I hate to sound like upChuck here, but he's right.

Or you could be like me and just throw power at the car to compensate for being a bad driver. which is exactly what i do.

but i wish i'd gone to driving school more than once or twice...

JD

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm a "no mod" kind of guy when it comes to my GTS. I did put the MGW shift knob on it, and the power steering vent kit. Other than that, nothing planned.

Mike M

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My 99 GTS with Mopar/Borla exhaust,T&D roller rockers with the chrome molly push rods,Mopar performance computer,billet throttle bodies with smooth tubes and bigger air box with K&Ns. Is running fine, sounds great and I think is a good compromise for a picky guy who wants to keep his Viper farely stock with a little bit done. The car ahs never been raced not even auto crossed. Only 8,400 on the clock. And as most of my fellow Viper lovers it is for sale. Due to the fact that I have to raise capital to expand my company. Drop me an email or a PM if interested. Just my humble opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960