Which wheels look better on a GEN 1 ?

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff
Did you buy one? If you did you know the best looking wheels are the pizza dish wheels off of a 2000 Viper. You saw them on a good looking black Gen1. Remember?
Yes Rob, I bought one. Now comes the hard part....waiting for it to get here! :crazy: That black Viper wouldn't happen to be yours would it? ;)

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna roll around with the 3-spokes for now and next year, think about changing. Thanks everyone for your input.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to decide if I should stay with the 17" OEM 3 spokes or change them for some 18" Kinesis K28's. What do you think?

98675a_4.jpg

986792_3.jpg
I'm confused? Isn't that your GTS in the pic? Do you have two Vipers? I don't like the look of the 3-spoke. The other wheels look better IMO.

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess I'm biased...I like the original 3 spokers. When I bought the car the previous owner had a set of Boyd's in the boxes and I couldn't get excited about them.

Just my humble opinion and I don't mean to insult anyone's car, but Vipers don't have any bright shiney chrome like emblems, sidepipes, molding, door handles, etc so to me bright shiney wheels don't match. Shiney wheels, to me, takes attention away from the car and brings the focus to the wheels. Wheels of a different design than the 3 spokers, but retain the subtle colors like black or gray go with the cars gnarly design and finish. Also, the Viper has clean lines and a solid appearance...some wheels have so much detail that they look too "busy" for the car. Just my .02.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm confused? Isn't that your GTS in the pic? Do you have two Vipers? I don't like the look of the 3-spoke. The other wheels look better IMO

JUCD, yes I have a GTS. The GEN1 has been purchased and should be arriving to join the GTS in a couple weeks. Of course I'm already thinking of things to do to it and wheels are usually the first thing I change. I really gotta leave this one alone since it's bone stock, only has 1500 miles and is literally showroom perfect. It's an early 93' with the antenna.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm confused? Isn't that your GTS in the pic? Do you have two Vipers? I don't like the look of the 3-spoke. The other wheels look better IMO

JUCD, yes I have a GTS. The GEN1 has been purchased and should be arriving to join the GTS in a couple weeks. Of course I'm already thinking of things to do to it and wheels are usually the first thing I change. I really gotta leave this one alone since it's bone stock, only has 1500 miles and is literally showroom perfect. It's an early 93' with the antenna.
Ok gotcha. Good call. I'd leave her just the way she is then. Good thinkin. That GTS of yours is a beauty! TWO Viper, ooh i'm so jealous right now lol!

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok gotcha. Good call. I'd leave her just the way she is then. Good thinkin. That GTS of yours is a beauty! TWO Viper, ooh i'm so jealous right now lol!
Thanks for the compliment JUCD! I thought having a coupe and a vert would be cool....this will be the first convertible I've ever owned. I really couldn't think of any convertible new or old, that embodies everything I am looking for...power, style, classic, collectability. It just seemed right to get another Viper.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment JUCD! I thought having a coupe and a vert would be cool....this will be the first convertible I've ever owned. I really couldn't think of any convertible new or old, that embodies everything I am looking for...power, style, classic, collectability. It just seemed right to get another Viper.
Ahh yes now you have the best of both worlds. Wish i could get another Viper. Did i mention i'm jealous? lol Have fun with your new baby!