Which wire for tach.signal...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm GUESSING that you have a 2001...try the gray/light blue wire off of pin 31 on C3 module of powertrain control module for the tach signal...or, some use the signal wire at the back of tach.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What wire is that steve? What does it go to?

I thought you had to get some type of tach adapter to make the signal work.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It goes out of PCM C3 pin 31 to the back of the Tach as noted above...some pick up this wire at the C3 pin, while others grab it at the back of the Tach.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
need to connect a shift light to the tach. signal wire. Which wire do you recommend and WHERE IS IT???????????

I know you ordered one of the Raptor shiftlights after posting this question, so I'm assuming you know to use one of the ignition coil wires on the PCM, right :) ?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sounds as though the signal from C3 pin 31 (officially listed in the factory manuals as "tachometer signal") is NOT READABLE by the Raptor brand...follow Achilles99's directions to the coil pins in PCM C1 and it should work.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used pin#3 on C1, the red with yellow trace wire. It is an ignition coil driver.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plugged into the seat rail. The same one that measures 50 RWHP for headers & smooth tubes and 60 RWHP for switching gears to 3.55's :)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y'all crack me up.

Red with yellow stripe on C1 is a good choice. And easy to find too. Do this for the RAPTOR shift light. Don't do C3 pin 31 with the Raptop or you'll bang your head against the wall like I did. Even with the 2.5PPR setting, the raptor didn't like it.

JD