Which year/color RT/10 will be the most collectible?

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Currently looking for a GenI but now am having second thoughts. Seems like a lot of GenI owners are wanting to sell to step into a GenII. If I get a GenII RT/10, which year and color combo do you think will be the most desirable in say, 15+ years?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see some pics of the B/W RT/10.

here ya go:

11rare2-med.jpg

1197_blueconv-med.jpg

higher res pics of these cars are in the registry.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be two very collectable years. 1992(285 units, all red), and 1997(117 units, 53 B/W 64 Red). Any cars from these years will be the first to go up. After that, the 1996 car, either GTS or RT/10's. :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see what happens to the 1996 Shelby Edition RT/10's. there were only about (10) of these made.

11shelby9.jpg

11shelby7.jpg

Only 19 of these cars were built between 1995 and 1996. It is unknown how many RT/10 or GTS cars were made out the 19 total cars produced. So far, Black, Red and White Shelby Vipers are known to exist. All Shelby Vipers were built at Fitzgerald Motorsports in New Hampshire. Carroll Shelby's signature can be found on the glove box door, sail panel, or front fender.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Absolutely the 97 by a long shot. The early years have ,so far, failed to show any real appreciation ,unless they have extraordinarily low miles. I would venture that the next most desirable RT-10, after the 97 Blue/white ,would be the ABS cars of 2001 and 2002. Follow that with making sure the cars have the factory top ( new suggested retail is $7000 for red or black tops only )so the car is a fully optioned machine and one should be in great shape.

PS - the hardtop was standard in 2002, yet many cars are being sold without the top and folks are being told they did not come standard. The reason is obvious, many of the tops are being sold on the side.

Bill P :nana:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
97 Blue/White

Maybe some of the later one year only colors: Steel Gray, Graphite, Saphire.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Without Question 97 B/W

One I really like but does not seam to bring a premium is the White with Blue stripes. Considering it is the only white Gen 1-2 (save GT2) I would think it would hold its value better.

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guy's
The 97 B/W is great, so is my sapphire but
I think the most collectable prize is the R/T10 ACR.
One of one, someone had a photo of it here once. Don't remember when or the thread, maybe someone can help with that.

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about the early 93's? with the antennas? thats a pretty rare ones. Its like the left over 92's, only 150 or so of them i think?

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what about the early 93's? with the antennas? thats a pretty rare ones. Its like the left over 92's, only 150 or so of them i think?

Unless it's a 92', that antenna personally turns me off. But if only you could rebadge the 93' and say it was a 92' :eek:

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone feel that RED, the original viper color, the color DC meant for the viper, would be most collectable... not that I'm biased or anything.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR RT/10. Also don't underestimate the 2002 and 2001. In twenty years, the last of the line cars always pick up in value.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to say the 97 B/W, but I am afraid we are driving the prices up right now. They are my favorite by far. I definitely want one in the future, and will probably end up paying 10K too much for it and not caring.

Anyone think the last 300 side pipe cars will ever mean anything?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Anyone think the last 300 side pipe cars will ever mean anything?"

i think this is part of the problem. because there are SO MANY "special editions", "one-offs", "last of's", "commemorative", etc, it is extremely hard to tell right now what impact all of these "low production / limited-featured" vehicles will have on the future muscle car market.

"special editions", "one-offs", "last of's", "commemorative", etc, used to mean something. the whole matter becomes even more difficult when you are also talking about a car that is immediately somewhat rare out of the factory, and not massed produced like a vette.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960