White Goo

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, white gooey substance coming out of a "pipe"??? Sounds strange to me.... Heck I've NEVER seen that before....

errrrrr

Gerald

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe someone has been "admiring" your car when you weren't around?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

There should be nothing in the sidesills that would cause this. Are you the original owner? My guess would be that someone probably put something inside the sills (either heat paint or header wrap) that isn't working, and it's liquifying and dripping out.

Pull the sill and take a look - it's easy to do. If the paint is bubbling, you can *probably* get it fixed under warranty. Others have, but others haven't also.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you have not been putting bangers n mash in the crankcase, then maybe you have a sidesill that has been repaired?

I cannot visualize the complaint, but it sounds like a defective repair. Can you "probe" the area with a pencil eraser ("rubber"
in English)

JonB

Reaction score
ELECTROLYSIS;
Most common among older R/T 10's. Dissimilar metals create a galvanic cell causing them to literally eat each other. I've heard of removing the rivets and treating them with a zinc chromate primer, then repaint.

Good Luck,
Doug

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery