White powdercoated engine

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking about powdercoating my manifold and valve covers in white.

Got an all black car and a white engine would def. make a nice contrast.

Anyone did this before, and can you recommend going this route thinking of the heat comming from the engine and turning the white into yellow :dunno:??

Any pics of a white powdercoated engine would be nice. Couldn't find anything with the search function.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
History and lore will dictate that white is for pureness and innocence. On the opposite corner/shoulder resides red and its devilish associations.

We all know that devilish behavior is apt for the Viper. However, the Viper can easily be associated with a white elephant.

From Webster.com:

"White Elephant, noun: 2) a property requiring much care and expense and yielding little profit"

I personally think that black/white contrast will look pretty sweet on those valve covers. Post pics after its done.

-Andres
345s-bspinnin

98RT98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you do go with white powder make sure your powder coater knows that the white powder he uses will NOT fade to tan/brown around heat after coating. different powder manufactures use different raw materials and some powders will tan/brown when exposed to heat. :usa:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I m thinking about doing white with black letter since my car is white black but I decided to stay with red since my interior is red...White would be hard to keep clean...

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure the powder coater is very familiar with doing magnesium. Some colors go on smoother than others. You don't want to end up with waves or bubbles from outgassing.

Second, I hope you like cleaning your engine because you'll be doing it all the time.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Any pics of a white powder coated engine would be nice. Couldn't find anything with the search function."

Well, I think there was one guy that did the white powder coat thing...after blowing his life savings on micro-fiber clothes trying to keep up with the dirty engine he burned his Viper to the ground.

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can understand that white needs a lot of cleaning, but I don't drive the car that much and the hood is not always open.

Just clean it before a carshow would me more that enough I think. I also like cleaning cars, so not a real problem for me to do the engine to.

Did make a fast photoshop about how I like it to be. Would love the real pure white, but this is also nice imo

You must be registered for see images attach

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can understand that white needs a lot of cleaning, but I don't drive the car that much and the hood is not always open.

Just clean it before a carshow would me more that enough I think. I also like cleaning cars, so not a real problem for me to do the engine to.

Did make a fast photoshop about how I like it to be. Would love the real pure white, but this is also nice imo

If you can do a photoshop of black with white, basically the opposite, I think that would look sick. Hell I m considering black with white lettering now...

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are some more options that would be nice, what you guys think is best??

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the black with the red.
But i think white with black would look good and not be that bad to keep clean?
Although I would worry about it turning brown if it wasn't done right.:omg:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
black/red would look the best on black car. I've red interior as well so it would go with my white/black as well. I m going to do black/red...

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still in doubt between white/red or black/red.

I also want to powdercoat my stoptech in white, with the matching engine that would look tha bomb I think!

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plum, burn your f__ing car already, its getting old..
People, do what you want with your VIPERS... If you are looking for 100% acceptance on this or any other forum by posting Photoshop pictures and go with what you think is the best response from these members.. go ahead... do what YOU want to do...then post your pictures..
remember.... In life there are those who follow and those who lead....
You can be a trend setter or a trend follower....

I choose to be a setter, regardless of what others think of what I have done to my viper...

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People, do what you want with your VIPERS... If you are looking for 100% acceptance on this or any other forum by posting Photoshop pictures and go with what you think is the best response from these members.. go ahead... do what YOU want to do...then post your pictures..

I choose to be a setter, regardless of what others think of what I have done to my viper...

very well said... :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

coming from a guy who took a serious beating on his lack of taste, you might wanna consider what he says.

and i am feeling very bullied now by scott, someone needs to legislate something to make him stop being such a meanie