Who all by a show of hands has a power steering vent?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just wondering , who all had a power steering vent on their viper? I'm i'm not going to track the car but will be driving ******* the street and an occasional trip to the drag strip, do i need one? :usa:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have one. Ever since the cap coming off while on the track at Laguna Seca. While I do have the nice-looking chrome one, you don't need that - all you need is a tube on the top ****** that will 1) direct any overflow away from the exhaust pipes, and 2) will stop the cap from turning, as it *will* somehow manage to unscrew itself while you are on the track, eventually.

R

RTED

I was one of the very first to have one. Never had a problem with the power stearing cap coming loose. However, who would be crazy enough to take the chance on an engine fire with a quick fix available for a few bucks. Probably one of the cheapest viper enhancements avaialbe! :usa:

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one as well. The funny thing is, the day I went to install it, the cap was loose and almost came off. I definately dodged a close one (and it is cheap insurance).

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one as well. Seems like cheap insurance to me. What else can you buy for the viper that is actually useful and only $25?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got one for the piece of mind. I do a few road races and plain cruising around. It beats the alternative outcome. I think Archer sells them.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cap came off 5 years ago, when new. Luckily, I discovered it before any fluid caught fire. Until last year, when I bought Craig's cap, I would check the cap almost daily. There are several ways to accomplish what his cap does--probably cheaper, but the product looks good and definitely takes care of the problem. Great peace of mind with it on. The cap has never twitched since the install 14,000 miles ago. I used to have the cap on so tight before that it took a pair of 440s to get it loose.

Great product, looks good, well worth the cost, and made by a fellow MCVO member. I believe they are sold through Archer and Roe.

Steve

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Stock ps fluid getting on the headers is one of the big reasons for Viper fires. Change to RedLine ps fluid, (Do a search for Janni Cones' write up), and vent it downward, or to a holding tank. Mr Gasket makes a perfect catch can, that has hose barbs for both rocker covers, and the ps vent. Mounts nicely on the aluminum front crossmember.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never had a problem but I used to check, been using a hippo for a couple of years :2tu: fit and forget...

there's been a couple of guys over here who have lost their caps, but luckily no fires....just smoke :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery