Who has changed a clutch master cylinder?

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just changed out my clutch master cylinder and have been trying to bleed it for an hour. I am bleeding down at the slave bleed screw and have ZERO pedal. I even looked to make sure I connected the rod. The question is, should I have pre bleed the master before installation. I know some brake masters require this. Any help?

Thanks

OP
OP
R

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dammit Chuck, I feel bad calling you for all this small stuff. You do have a business to run. I have followed all the bleeding instructions I have found in the archives, so I know I am following correct procedure. I first tried my MityVac, then swithced to the 2 person pump pump hold method. Still Nada. The fluid will free flow thru so I know there is no obstruction. After posting I disconnected the hose from the slave and just tried bleeding the master. Still nothing. Maybe I got a hold of a defective part?

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just changed out my clutch master cylinder and have been trying to bleed it for an hour. I am bleeding down at the slave bleed screw and have ZERO pedal. I even looked to make sure I connected the rod. The question is, should I have pre bleed the master before installation. I know some brake masters require this. Any help?

Thanks

Different subject but while I saw you post I had to ask . . . Did you ever get "permission" from the upholsterer who did your seats to forward their name and contact info to other potential customers?

OP
OP
R

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am going to try and bench bleed it first, then reinstall and do the entire sysytem. I am kinda leaning towards a bad part. Pushing the rod in does nothing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960