Who has STRIPES on a DIAMONDBACK hood?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious who has stripes on a diamondback hood. I know a few people have them and I was wanting to see pictures and ask a few questions.

I went to pick up my Viper after it has been in the shop over a month (long story for another thread). So I show up and the stripes were not done through the center grooves, it basically goes around it and I think it looks like complete crap (in my opinion). I think I had steam coming from my ears:mad: I was so mad, it basically looks like there is a black square in the middle of my stripes:omg: , the guy who striped it told Paul ( Hale autobody) that he can't do the vinyle stripes through it. I could swear some of you have them done so thats why I ask because i'm not happy with the way it looks at all! PLUS the pin stripes aren't straight, I can easily tell in a few places that some spots are narrow and wider in different spots.

Anyway moral of the story, I need to figure this out because I don't like the way it looks. I LOVE the new Diamondback hood but the stripes aren't looking good at all. I'll take a picture tonight and show you all what i'm talking about. I plan on calling the guy and talking to him about redoing it. He's supposed to stripe my (new to me) Dodge Ram truck next week. (which i'll show in a different thread tomorrow.) Hmm not good......

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good lesson learned here. Make sure you take pics to your installer of what you want, down to the slightest detail. Inexperienced installers will walk away, which is what you want.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That hood is bad ass, to bad they f'ed up on the stripes. Someone should be able to fix the problem. Probably will charge premium though because most wont/cant do it. Post pics when done please.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do.....:2tu:

random_050607_001.jpg

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I just want to say that I am not bashing Paul (Hale Autobody) at all. He has always done an OUTSTANDING job every time I have taken my Viper to him. I believe a few people may have mistaken what I was talking about in my original post. The reason I haven;t had my Viper in 5 weeks is because I hit half of a broken window pane in the middle of the highway coming back from my trip to Gatlinburg last month. So I had to have my baby towed to St.Louis and it was taken to Pauls. Then Dodge sent a messed up front fascia to paul so we had to get another one sent.

Nor am I bashing on the guy who does my stripes, He did them the last time and they looked FANTASTIC! But I was very disappointed to see the stripes cut around the vent , vice looking like RedEnuf93 's Viper. That is exactly how I was imagining it should look and then got there and it was totally different. But some of you are right I should have taken a picture and given it to him so he knew EXACTLY what I wanted.

I thought I already stated it clearly to him but we must not have been on the same page or something? Maybe he was having an off day or trying to rush it and thats why a few spots aren't the exact size width all the way down? I am still going to do business with him because he normally does a great job. I'm actually going to have him stripe my 99' Dodge Ram truck I just got this week. My car still looks GREAT with the stripes on it BUT it's not what I was wanting.

So anyway just wanted to clear that up, i wasen;t trying to bash on anyone. I was just upset at how the stripes turned out. I'm quite sure everything will be fixed and done the way I want, maybe I'll have to paint them on?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an awesome Pic Lauri!!

JUCD VPR,

His are painted on! I would think doing it with Vinyle would be tough.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an awesome Pic Lauri!!

JUCD VPR,

His are painted on! I would think doing it with Vinyle would be tough.

Argg painted on huh? Hmm ...

Would this work (I plan on asking the guy but haven't spoke with him yet)..
Say the stripes are 8" wide, could he get a 10: wide stripe, and then cut the excess off? Sounds like it would work to me.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
painting stipes on this hood is a ******. It took 2 days just to lay them out. Maybe why he didnt try, but I know the gen2 have the stripe cut around the naca duct if that is what he did with yours, he may have been just duplicating what he saw on other vipers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang