Who is ready to go drag racing??????

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Supra's look like they are ready to go at it again. They want a fast track and we want a fast track. Who is ready to race Bradenton before December? We could set it up so there could be no conflict with BG......IF we could get Dr. Roof to confirm a date for the V-10 Nationals first date.

Who is ready to come to Bradeton and put their best times down here. We all know Bradenton will support your car to run its fastest time.

Please respond to this post so we can organize it and we can GET RACING!!!!!!

Cudaman :usa:

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about allowing all cars, 11.50 or faster, drag radials or slicks ONLY? Promote the thing from venue to venue and diversify, the draw being a Civic has a chance to take down a mighty Viper. I know other people are emptying there personal wallets to keep this Viper-only racing afloat, but diversifying should keep that from happening if managed correctly? Just a thought...

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like where Larry is going to an extent. How about it being an Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) series. That means Mustang Cobras, Supras, Vettes, Vipers and some of the exotics with IRS. It would be a blast.

We could have classes/brackets like the V-10's as well as "anything goes with a 6 speed" and "anything goes."

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Larry also. That would be fun. I'm in if it's still a few months out. Car will be in the shop getting a centrifigal.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point I am not as interested in competing as getting some good seat time. I want to see what the car will put down on ET streets as well as my pirellis, while having some of the viper guys around for some pointers. I would like to have it sooner than the end of the year. I can't wait. Should be a blast.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like where Larry is going to an extent. How about it being an Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) series. That means Mustang Cobras, Supras, Vettes, Vipers and some of the exotics with IRS. It would be a blast.

We could have classes/brackets like the V-10's as well as "anything goes with a 6 speed" and "anything goes."

I would do that....just not every other month. If Hondas or just "any" brand is allowed then I'm out. I can do that without driving 10+ hours. I like you guys, but only a few of you put out !!!! Hey Ab ;)

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would do that....just not every other month. If Hondas or just "any" brand is allowed then I'm out. I can do that without driving 10+ hours. I like you guys, but only a few of you put out !!!! Hey Ab ;)

LOL! Your too funny Tony

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I've heard from most is 3-4 races a year and in the most popular spots only. That should assure better turnouts.

I don't think Honduhs have IRS's, do they?

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea of having the independent rear suspension race. That will narrow down the field a little bit and should make for full classes and some great competition.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea of Chad (without traction control) 6 speed racing Kevin driving Brian's car. I would be impressed by the winner of this race. IMHO traction control is a huge advantage with the high horsepower cars. :2tu: :usa:

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you include all of those other cars there will be very little track time for all the vipers that will show up. As Tony said, I can race anywhere with all those cars and not drive 18+ hours. I'm in for Vipers only and maybe one other irs car.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea of Chad (without traction control) 6 speed racing Kevin driving Brian's car. I would be impressed by the winner of this race. IMHO traction control is a huge advantage with the high horsepower cars. :2tu: :usa:

We would be more than happy to run under these conditions. I think what would be even more impressive would be to see them make their car work as good as Chad's rather than asking us to handicap our car but we'd be happy to race without it.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We would be more than happy to run under these conditions. I think what would be even more impressive would be to see them make their car work as good as Chad's rather than asking us to handicap our car but we'd be happy to race without it.

I thought Brian's car was getting an AEM too? I'm sure the t/c works better with turbos, but it should help quite a bit with the blower too if set up properly.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave the plug wire in, just control the power with your feet like everyone else. What's next, steering control? Hey, not a bad idea, then you could sit in the stands with the rest of us and watch your car run! :D :D :usa:

Brian, How did they get you to drink the kool-aid? Was it good and should I try it? :D

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you like me to pull a plug wire too?
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump,

How many people REALLY want to go racing? Can I get a count,

1 for me

We need numbers guy and gals, from the guys responding I got th count at 11, let's get it up to 30+

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I was in New York city over spring break(darm it was cold and wet) I talked to Bradenton tracks owners, we can race there if any one wants May 21 Sat for $15 admission and $10 tech card ($25.00 total)with some high end car clubs. Sunday May 22 a private rental and still do Dec finals......May is the ONLY date open this year besides the Dec. finals. So we could still get 2 Fl dates if anyone is interested(more records are broken on that track than any other track we run).

Ohio and BG could could be run in the hotter months(in the South) while it is cooler there and that way we could extend the racing season.

Just a thought....

What does everyone think?????

Frozen Cudaman :usa:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456