Who said the SRT doesn't keep enough "Viper styling"?

Reaction score
Re: Who said the SRT doesn\'t keep enough \"Viper styling\"?

The SRT10 is what just what the Viperholics wanted. From the lack of response under another thread I get the feeling that the "Whiners" do not or have not attend a VOI, to me that says a lot about their Viper passion.

VOI is to Viperholics is like MECCA to Christians, **** and Muslims.

Team Viper asked the Viper enthusiast what they wanted in the next GEN., and we told them, better brakes, more power, less weight, improved handling, we wanted it to be faster and to remain "King of The Hill"! And from all leaks, they gave us what we asked for and more.

If someone lacks the enthusiasm to attend a VOI and misses out on the opportunity to meet with Team Viper/PVO to express what they want PVO to build, what is their "Whining Voice" worth?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fred,

I noticed that nowhere in that laundry list of owner wishes was there a ferverent request for a major redesign and blanding-down of the styling. More performance? Yes. Lighter? Yes, but is 80# worth the effort? Wider? Yes. Lower? Yes. Loss of major character lines and styling cues? NO, not on your life!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know what would make that "coupe concept" photochop job look alot better - is if the front grille was changed to be a big wide gaping hole. I forget what other cars have such features but think about the old cigar-look racing cars of the 50s (or whatever decade) that the old greats used to drive. In addition with a little curving of the sidescoop, it could look really nice.

As for the GT-40, I trust Steve's info a LOT more than any magazine. Remember Motor Trend's "rendition" of the upcoming C6 Corvette that had it looking exactly like a Ferrari 360? Wanna place a bet on how likely that is to happen? I could go on forever, but the GT-40 is in such an early stage that I don't think ANY info is out there just yet. Don't forget that the magazines job is to sell copies, and a pic of a GT-40 with "NEW INFO RELEASED" is a great way to sell magazines.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

no offense to King GTS but that initial photo or any other one look nothing like a "ricer". I mean, i agree ricers are like tampons every p*ssy needs one but lets face it, this is still a viper. a viper is about outrageous power, performance and shock factor and if you think this monster wont get those three things sitting at every d*mn red light, check your pulse cause you aint breathing.

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

You're kidding... right?

That's one of the wildest assembly line shots of ANY car I've ever seen! No ones arguing that our current generation cars aren't hot! I just feel (and MANY others that can't wait for the car going down the line to be theirs!) that the SRT is HOT as well!

These digs are getting old. Maybe we should just have an icon next to each users name:

SRT
smile.gif

or

SRT
frown.gif

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I take offense to the comment...."I get the feeling that the "Whiners" do not or have not attend a VOI, to me that says a lot about their Viper passion." I have been a Mopar car enthusiast all my life, restoring numerous Mopars. I have owned 3 Vipers, and have been instrumental in the sale of many more. I always take the time to help new owners, and young folks who just want to know some more about the cars. But, I have never been to a VOI. Do I like the new Viper? No. (I am a certificate holder too.) I think DC has dropped the ball big time. But, since I have never been to a VOI, I guess my opinion doesn't matter. VOI attendence does not make you a "real Viperfan". Oh, and the roadster/convertible debate? A Roadster is a car without roll up windows. A convertible has roll up windows. So, '96 RTs and earlier are Roadsters. '97 and newer are convertibles.