Who Sold Their Viper and Came Back After Owning somethiong Else ?

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gone back and forth three times now. Love the cars, hate the experience of having one out on the road.

The roads around me are terrible. My first one was keyed on the second day I owned it.
Non stop questions and harassment at gas stations/stop lights/freeway.
I have come back to my car with people taking pictures while laying across the hood, or peoples kids in the drivers seats guys if I left the top down.
Rusted out civics swerving through traffic to take pictures and race.
Plus no ability to really use the car at even 2/10th's of its potential on the street.

But when I get a weekend at the track or out of town up in the mountains with the car they just kind of make sense. Deep down I know I with my limited ability to get to the track or even get out on the weekend the one I have now I will only keep around for another 2-4 months to get some track time/DE in then I will sell it. I would love an Abarth or another Aston .

VCA owners are great its the general unwashed masses that are the problem.

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. Go try something new, you KNOW you are bored to death with your GTS no matter what you tell yourself.
It's a car, not your first born..... live a little.

Well put Jon...exactly why I went from a Ferrari to a Viper. Let's see how you are doing in a few years, when the thrill of your Lambo may begin to fade :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well put Jon...exactly why I went from a Ferrari to a Viper. Let's see how you are doing in a few years, when the thrill of your Lambo may begin to fade :)

Oh it won't take year(s)...lol...usually about one or two.
But since it's been in the body shop for six weeks (cosmetic work) and with the weather I have only driven it less than 600 miles since I got it in September.
So the thrill is still there. But I'll be taking a good hard look at a Gen 5 ACR when it comes out, the timing should be just about right..:)

If it's a nice Sunday morning, beautiful weather and you have a few hours to take a drive.
Are you excited to open your garage and get in your car? If not....you have your answer.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have toyed with the idea of selling one of my Vipers but not both. If I wanted to try something else out, I would dump my RT/10 and keep the GTS. I know I would miss it dearly though. But it's ironic that I've had the RT/10 out every single day the past 7 days and will have it out again today. The GTS hasn't even seen Spring yet.

Craigers15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went from 06 Z06 to 06 viper coupe... I was super disappointed with performance as compared to the Z, long story, previous owner didn't know what he was doing. Got back in another Z06 (2008-black) but oddly enough missed the Viper. Put about 800 miles on the vette and just sold it to a friend last week. Got lucky and got my name on a banked GEN V car still in D1 status... (VIN DV500151) Super excited and happy to be back. Build date of May 20.

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After owning my 97 GTS for about 4 years and doing a few mods to it I was kind of bored with it. Toyed with doing a Paxton or something but ended up trading on a Diablo in 2009. Still have the Diablo and plan to keep it but have seriously thought about picking up another GTS in the next year. For sure I will pick up another Viper in the future (GTS or GenV), pending garage space haha

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After owning my 97 GTS for about 4 years and doing a few mods to it I was kind of bored with it. Toyed with doing a Paxton or something but ended up trading on a Diablo in 2009. Still have the Diablo and plan to keep it but have seriously thought about picking up another GTS in the next year. For sure I will pick up another Viper in the future (GTS or GenV), pending garage space haha

What's it like owning a Diablo:devgrin:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 3.5 years of gallardo ownership I only had one single warranty service. Lamborghini has german guts/brain under Audi ownership so its a very low maintenance exotic, at least from my experience. I'd definitely buy another Lambo again and look forward to ordering the gallardo successor. I suspect Ill feel the same about the Gen V when it arrives.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had at 95 RT/10 Sold it and got a Ferrari 355 F1, it was a POS so I sold it, got a C5 ZO6 w/SC. It was fun but was like driving a pancake. Sold that got a 01 GTS ACR, loved it. Sold it and got a 911 Turbo, hated it, they put the engine in the wrong @#$ spot. Sold it got another 2001 GTS and TT'd it. When that was getting build I had Viper withdraw and picked up a Gen 3 w/paxton. It was fun and I thought it was the best thing ever, then my Gen 2 TT was done and blew away the paxton. I sold the Gen 3. After wanting someting more normal to drive, I picked up a Gen 4 (heads/cam). So now, I've got a pair of Vipers, both are unique in the way they go about things, but what they both have in common is a "OMG is it going to kill me, but it's SSSOOOOO much fun!" factor.

Next up I'm going to sell the Gen 4 and maybe pick up a AM DB9 or a Lexus LS600HL, either way, it's time I get a old man car to drive as I'm not as young. I was thinking of a Gen 5, but I'll wait until it's a bit more sorted. Besides, my Gen 2 TT is hands down the way a Viper should come from Mopar, I wish they would do a Mopar TT Kit for the Gen 5, but it will never happen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang