Who was at Mid-Ohio this week?

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you get to see the new Competition Coupe? What did you think? Can you post any pictures? Can't wait to see it. I had commitment which kept me from going this weekend. i would love to get some photos so if you have film let me know.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry you missed it, the trip was a bit miserable do to rain, but the CC made it worthwhile. Below is a clip from my rantings the night I got back.

I must say to all out in viper land the '03 CC is incredible. I had the opportunity to climb in and try it on, WOW. The next few statements are from a rookies perspective, so all you pros please bear with me. I had a bit of a tuff time fitting myself through the cage and into the seat, inexperience I would like to think, but I don't think anyones **** will be sliding around in there. The ergonomics surprized me for what appears to be such a dedicated race car. I am 6'2", 240#, 54" chest, 38" waist. The seating position felt better than my RT or GTS, very secure. There was more than enough headroom for a helmet. There was a deadpedal. The throttle and brake pedal positioning for heel-toe was like my RT, very friendly. The steering wheel position was right on for me and put no strain on my arms. The shifter location felt natural in its placement. From the new airbox to the fuel cell this car is all business. It pleases me that here is a spec Viper that is race ready for an amateur wanna-be like myself. I can focus on learning and honing driving skills, without worrying about what go-faster mod I need to research and buy next. Finite finances and limited knowledge about mods have been the biggest reasons I have stayed in SOLO 2 and not moved on to SOLO Trials or other forms of amateur road racing. Provided Dodge makes available enough replacement parts for those occasional ouches, this car could redefine the hobby for the amateur Viper racer. I seem to recall Factory Five offering the first ten spec cobra racers at a 50% discount to launch the spec series. Hey Dodge, whatcha say? <grin> On the other hand, build enough for all of us to have a crack at getting one and let the Viper rule at every race event, amateur or pro.

Greg
96 RT
00 GTS