Who Was in the Le Mans Edition GTS With Roe Supercharger on Woodward?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Evidently you all missed the 'WNBA' and 'Sade' part. This guy ain't right... : /

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to let him know that we can read the trash talk that he posted on the supra board. I mean how can anyone trash talk that underhood?

Easy....It looks just like the unpolished version when it's not clean. Those pictures weren't taken last weekend they were taken back a couple months ago. When I was looking under the hood things weren't so shiny. I think the answer to that one was kinda obvious. After seeing his pictures I wasn't going to mention this but since you asked in the manner you did (with name calling etc) I had to answer the question.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that car was in the Midwest Viper Rendezvous car show Saturday night and it was pretty darn shiny then. Sounds like you met up with him soon after. BTW he won the best modified GTS category. Matybe it was the lighting. Doubtful it was the cleanliness.

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it was just that it was around 11 at night. It didn't look shiny when I took a look at it. The interior was nice though.

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to be quite a few MCVO Vipers owners on the board. Why don't some of you guys come out to a Detroit SCCA autox or a Shelby club rental of Waterford Hills sometime? It seems like when a Viper owner does show up it's only once and then they're never seen again. You guys could make it a club meet and get the chance to compare cars in a safe competitive environment. You've all got nice cars that were made for racing.

OP
OP
M

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proracer1, I had a chance to check out the pics of your enigne compartment in another post. Dang, that thing is beautiful!!!!!! I'd like to get mine to look kindof like that when I get my Roee Supercharger.

Thought you'd be interested in this product, as I see you have the brown spark plug heat shields like I have. They also sell them in colors like blue, red, silver, and black. I figure since your whole engine compartment is all decked out, you may want to switch your brown ones with some nice red ones that match your spark plug wires. Design Engineering
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I'd love to check out your Viper in person. Maybe I'll see you on Woodward sometime. I loved the look of the LM edition Viper the first time I saw it a few years ago.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks to me like Waterford has a lot of turns and short straights better suited to the little Formula Vees, and Spec racer cars running around there. No room to really open up. No sense going out there with an 8 litre engine just so some 4 ****** can nerf you in the corner in a multi-class race trying to claim a Viper victory. We went out to Waterford to watch a couple months ago. It's still not much of a spectator track, though it seemed like there were more bleachers. So we went into the pits, and pit passes were what.. $10 each. That's 20 bucks for two. Ouch. The view wasn't much better there.. Considering what little 'pits' there are, and the lack of spectators overall, pitpasses ought to be dmned near free. I think they're more oriented towards the racer than the spectator, no concessions in the pits that I could see except for the Waterford Raceway booth selling T shirts etc. There was a silver late C5 Vette doing some slow lap testing that day in between races. The Viper club went out to Waterford to race around at least once..a few of them trimmed the grass while they were there : )

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meg-You sure must be really insecure...You worry that I hate you..What a joke? You are a litte man who drives a little car. Do you have a Napolean complex? You should really seek some professional help. FYI, I don't hate anything..Let alone some guy I don't even know. You think you are so smart. Roe Offers only TWO superchargers a polished version and a black version. The black version is the cheaper one by about $300.00 You shouldn't trash talk..Its not nice.especially WHEN YOU CAN'T BACK IT UP! :usa:

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff's car made obnoxious HP without any gimmicks like icing the blower and intake tubes. As a matter of fact, his numbers were made with very little cool down between runs and exposed cone filters sucking in hot radiated air which we all know is detrimental to NA and S/C'd engines. Congrats on the BIG numbers, Jeff!

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you not have an upgraded fuel system? A T66 Turbo is capable of ~650 RWHP (you'll have to run some race gas as that turbo must be spun to ~25 PSI to do that). It may not be enough to run with Jeff's 680 RWHP Viper but it'll give you a better chance.

I know some people don't like cars that run race gas, but here in AZ we have several stations that sell it at the pump and there's quite a few cars (domestic and import alike) that run nothing but race gas and are set to full kill all the time.

I agree that with the power Jeff is claiming he should have beaten me easily. Based on the fact that he didn't....either the car wasn't handled to it's full potential, the car was at 580-600rwhp like most cars with the Roe charger, or the barametric pressure was really really low that night. That's why I was hoping Jeff would post his actual dyno chart.

It sounds like Jeff is willing to let me run against his car again so that's pretty cool. I'd like to see how close I am to MCMM in a supercharged Viper so I'd ideally like to race MCMM in the car under the same situation as last time except no one leaves early or since there's "NO WAY" I can win then I get to go first since you got to go first last time.

I'm running a Buschur T66 with a .9 A/R and AEM ECU. I was at 9psi and not accelerating when we lined up or else he would have left me pretty bad when he jumped the start. As far as weight goes neither one of our cars is stock and I took weight off and it looks like he added about 250lbs from what I calculated while looking the car over.

Hey Jeff which to you hate more....me or my car? For the record I don't hate you nor do I hate your car. That's why I spell your name correctly.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry, not sure if you are implying that you must ICE Supras to make big power but when I witnessed Titan's 1173 RWHP pull (95X RWHP on boost alone) it was done with no icing and after about 5 back to back pulls. As well as several other 800 to 1000 RWHP pulls I have seen for several Supras.

Cooling the intake, intercooler, etc. is not uncommon for people running BPU cars maxed out on the stock intercooler, etc. to get every bit of HP out of the car.

One thing is for sure, more power can be made safely with a Viper on 91 to 93 octane pump gas than in a Supra. Practical upper limit RWHP for a Supra with a "big" turbo (T74, HKS3037, etc.) is about 700 RWHP on 91 to 93 octane. When I made my 874 RWHP pull I was running ~80% 101 octane fuel.

Jeff's car made obnoxious HP without any gimmicks like icing the blower and intake tubes. As a matter of fact, his numbers were made with very little cool down between runs and exposed cone filters sucking in hot radiated air which we all know is detrimental to NA and S/C'd engines. Congrats on the BIG numbers, Jeff!

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supra,

I wasn't implying that at all, my friend. I just thought I would mention that little tidbit since others are into tricks and gimmicks on the dyno. On another note, Titan is very close to my shop and have witnessed the car dyno'd in the past. Very respectable numbers indeed. I've modded a few Supra's in the past myself, so I definitely know the capability of that 3.0L engine with stock internals.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha Larry. I hear you on the "tricks" some people will use. Cooling does make a difference. My friend Ryan Woon dynoed 880 RWHP on boost alone with his 98 Supra and 934 RWHP by spraying NOS on the intercooler. So it definitely can make a difference.

By the way on the 1173 RWHP pull the Titan car was NOT on stock internals. The car now has a built bottom end. The highest RWHP on stock internals I know of is 954 RWHP.

Supra,

I wasn't implying that at all, my friend. I just thought I would mention that little tidbit since others are into tricks and gimmicks on the dyno. On another note, Titan is very close to my shop and have witnessed the car dyno'd in the past. Very respectable numbers indeed. I've modded a few Supra's in the past myself, so I definitely know the capability of that 3.0L engine with stock internals.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha Larry. I hear you on the "tricks" some people will use. Cooling does make a difference. My friend Ryan Woon dynoed 880 RWHP on boost alone with his 98 Supra and 934 RWHP by spraying NOS on the intercooler. So it definitely can make a difference.

By the way on the 1173 RWHP pull the Titan car was NOT on stock internals. The car now has a built bottom end. The highest RWHP on stock internals I know of is 954 RWHP.

Exactly Supra, I was referring to the dynoing I witnessed before Greddy became one of their big sponsors. Since then, they are able to throw money away on the modded motors and what not. Must be nice...

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meg-You sure must be really insecure...You worry that I hate you..What a joke? You are a litte man who drives a little car. Do you have a Napolean complex? You should really seek some professional help. FYI, I don't hate anything..Let alone some guy I don't even know. You think you are so smart. Roe Offers only TWO superchargers a polished version and a black version. The black version is the cheaper one by about $300.00 You shouldn't trash talk..Its not nice.especially WHEN YOU CAN'T BACK IT UP! :usa:

You missed the point Jeff. The point was that I'm not name calling and I was hoping you would get past the name calling and get to the point where we set up a rematch. Your posts don't come off like you're going to let me see how much faster your car is than mine which is why I wanted to run you in the first place. Since you have someone else to back up your dyno numbers then they must be legit so you shouldn't have any trouble with my car on pump gas. Also since you say you don't hate me nor my car then I can assume that the name calling etc. just your way of communicating and I'll accept that as being part of your personality now that I know what angle you're coming from.

I am very aware of the Roe kit or else I wouldn't have recognized it as being a Roe kit and not a Levin kit. While you were opening the hood I walked around your car and looked at the interior, the exterior, and the hatch area and noticed all the $$$ you had spent getting the car the way you liked it. Then when I looked under the hood, saw the Roe Charger in the middle of braided lines and it wasn't shiny like I had seen in soooo many pictures I was thinking "This guy spent all this money on his car. Why the heck didn't he pay the extra cash for the polished kit?" It didn't make any sense. Thus the comment that you could of at least gotten the polished version. That was the logical process I went through before making that comment to myself. If you walked up on a car exactly like yours and after looking at all the add-ons you got to the engine compartment and didn't see a shiny Roe then you'd probably think something very similar. After I saw your other pictures I assumed it must have been dirty from you actually racing the car on the track. If you were coming from a car show then then the only thing it could have been is that with the poor lighting on Woodward and the clamshell hood blocking what little lighting existed the kit just didn't have enough light to reflect.

I have an upgraded fuel system. I went with the 720cc injectors (approx 70lb for the domestic crowd), HKS Fuel Rail, lines and Cosmo pump. I run pump gas almost all of the time so I want to run him the way my car is normally. Once again, my goal isn't to win (which if his car is driven well shouldn't happen). My goal is to see how far away I am from a GTS with the Roe charger on it so that I can pick my future mods.

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping no one would post what a T66 does on race gas so he wouldn't know what he was up against. A little sand bagging never hurts. There's two stations near me that sell race gas at decent prices. I guess now that my rwhp has been exposed I'll hang it up. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at a roadcourse.

No name calling here. Just telling it like it is. This is TOO much fun.

It has been fun. Nice Pictures by the way. ;)

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about that. Racing is fun win or lose (more fun when you win of course) :)

I was hoping no one would post what a T66 does on race gas so he wouldn't know what he was up against. A little sand bagging never hurts. There's two stations near me that sell race gas at decent prices. I guess now that my rwhp has been exposed I'll hang it up. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at a roadcourse.

No name calling here. Just telling it like it is. This is TOO much fun.

It has been fun. Nice Pictures by the way. ;)

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What in the hell is wrong the Michigan Viper group. Not a single Viper on WW Sat night. Except for Miss Chinn. Mr. Schultz..Come on folks lets rock.

OP
OP
M

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What in the hell is wrong the Michigan Viper group. Not a single Viper on WW Sat night. Except for Miss Chinn. Mr. Schultz..Come on folks lets rock.

Actually I saw a total of 5 Vipers on Woodward Saturday night including my own. Yours of course, and your buddies yellow ACR, a 94 black RT-10, a red SRT-10 2003, and my 96 blue GTS. All 5 were at the Shell station you were at at one time or another. Nice to meet you by the way. That is one sweet ride. And your buddies ACR was one heck of a ride too. I expect Woodward to be flooded with nice rides all week.

OP
OP
M

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 Vipers...The corvette guys are makin us all look bad

But remember they have made around 1,300,000 Vettes to date and only around 20,000 or so Vipers give or take. So there are 65 Vettes for every 1 Viper out there. Although a lot of the old Vettes are probably in the junk yard. That's a big reason I bought a Viper instead of a Vette. You won't overhear someone on Woodward saying oh cool did you just see that Vette that just drove by (because there are so dang many of them), but you will hear them say, holy crap-did you just see that Viper drive by. I think it's kind of cool to be one of the lucky few.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to WW Thursday for the club get together
BTW, there will be Vipers racing on September 13 in Norwalk, OH. About 3 hours away .
Click here for the schedule

I'll be going to that too (to watch) if the weather looks good. Anyone else? Maybe Jeff will have his slicks by then.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attaboy: ) Fastest Street Car Shootout is coming to Stanton,MI Sept 6 as well.

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news the NMCA website is RIGHT HERE IF YOU CLICK
Go to their Schedule page

Bad News..
The Top Dogs run 7's and 8's..you need more motor :confused:

You mean he "can't win"? Sorry I couldn't resist. :smirk:

The Norwalk event sounds kinda fun. I think I might run in that one since the Heads Up Street Legal sounds like a pretty good class.