Whom do i order my 08 from?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First let me say that i have the utmost respect for Bill P and his reputation/character...i did speak with Bill P 2day and it seems that one cannot just walk into u're local dodge dealer and order an 08..the dealer has to have at least a viper tech and then has to have a decent volume of sales of srt vehicles..
I was doing my best to try and support dodge and its viper sales and i would much prefer to use my local small town dealer who i also respect....just seems a shame that a small town dealer can't order an 08
Who are u guys ordering from?

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike Robbins at Ringgold Dodge in Georgia treated me great. I would give him a call. He's not only the owner, he's a Viper tech also!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd order from Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse. They KNOW Vipers. How many salesman have you found that know anything about Vipers? I usually end up telling them about the cars.:rolleyes:

Bill P also somebody you can get on the phone if you have an issue, and you know he'll be there tomorrow.

1badasssrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Billly P. !!!!!!
Is there anyone else!
The support and knowledge is second to none!!!
They have been a great supporter of the VCA for many years!
Local dealers are great for your everyday driver, but this is not just any car.

Again, Bill has helped and supported the VCA and the Viper for so long!

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know of several dealers who do not have a Viper Tech that sell Vipers...Happens all the time. If your local dealer is a 5 Star dealer they may be able to help you. Have you talked to the dealer? Since the '08 seem to be selling well it may be a problem for the smaller dealers to get an allotment. That being said, I recommend Bill Pemberton. Good luck!

Y2KACR

VCA Member
Reaction score
I only have positive things to say about the big guys and absolutely nothing negative. They are very supportive of the VCA. That said, I have ordered my Vipers (3) from my local dealer in part because that's where I go for service. On the rare occasions that I have needed an adjustment or recall service, I'm treated very well. As a matter of fact the dealer/owner usually takes a personal interest in making sure my cars are done right the first time. I believe in order to sell new Vipers they have to have a tech; selling used or factory auction vehicles they don't. Having a tech is good if you want/need factory/warranty service.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have been very impressed with the customer service and knowledge of some of the larger-volume Viper dealers such as Woodhouse and Tators Dodge. That being said, I also prefer to support my local community and economy by using my local Dodge dealership, Timberline Dodge in Portland, Ore.

My decision is made easier by the fact that Timberline has a very knowledgeable sales staff as well as someof the most knowledeable Viper techs around. Ken Klickman, for example, is their senior Viper tech and has been involved with the Viper both as a tech and as a developer of parts for the Viper since its inception. Hell of a nice guy too.

If the above factors did not exist, however, I would have to think long and hard about ordering a specialty vehicle like the Viper from a dealer that did not know or care about it.

./Rich

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Herr Pemberton from Woodhouse for all my needs, very honest and forthright. I have only heard good things about Mr. Tator, especially his deviled eggs :D

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike Robbins at Ringgold Dodge in Georgia treated me great. I would give him a call. He's not only the owner, he's a Viper tech also!

I personally don't have much respect for Ringgold Dodge. I called about a Viper I was seriously interested in buying from them (fly down, pay, and drive home). I asked the salesman a few questions about the car and he did not know all the details about it, but said he would call me back.... Never did hear from them again. I guess they didn't need my business. :dunno: I do highly recommend Chuck Tator for all your Viper needs.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
014_141.JPG

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone, my local dealer has a viper tech and seems honest. His prices are second to none so if he can deliver i'll go with the local dealer , if not i'll go with woodhouse....

So what colors are u guys ordering my final 2
1. red no stripes
2 blue metallic with silver stripes

anyone else considering the blue metallic

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard blue is already sold out......you may want to have a back-up color in mind before you go to the dealership!

This was posted by Bill Pemberton in another thread:

"
The only tough part is with 8 colors by the time you actually see one the time frame to order may be over. Figure only about 3 months per color and unless there is a video of one in Violet it could be the time frame to order will have expired. As everyone is aware, Viper Blue is already sold out and they have not even started yet. After viewing the board and the excellent shots done by Chris Marshall, that may be your best bet to make a decision. Keep in mind many think these colors are kind of retro from a distance or when it is overcast, but once the sun hits the pearlcoat they simply explode. Nostalgia for the colors of old, with the impact of advances in this Century ---- great combo for presentation of some unique hues!!!:drive:

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard blue is already sold out......you may want to have a back-up color in mind before you go to the dealership!

Regards,
Aaron

NOT the gts plain blue , the lighter pearl blue metallic:omg:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This was posted by Bill Pemberton in another thread:

"
The only tough part is with 8 colors by the time you actually see one the time frame to order may be over. Figure only about 3 months per color and unless there is a video of one in Violet it could be the time frame to order will have expired. As everyone is aware, Viper Blue is already sold out and they have not even started yet. After viewing the board and the excellent shots done by Chris Marshall, that may be your best bet to make a decision. Keep in mind many think these colors are kind of retro from a distance or when it is overcast, but once the sun hits the pearlcoat they simply explode. Nostalgia for the colors of old, with the impact of advances in this Century ---- great combo for presentation of some unique hues!!!:drive:

Regards,
Aaron

Viper GTS Blue, which is the darker blue, is sold out. Viper Blue, which is the lighter blue, is not.

/Rich

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am with you - Mike is the man! Ordering my Jeep Cherokee SRT8 shortly followed by the Viper (hopefully).

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have bought my vipers from Mike at Ringgold Dodge. 706-935-2328. He gives great customer service, sells parts to VCA members around 10% over cost, and delivers the cars in their own enclosed trailers quick. He also takes just about anything you want to trade in. My hayabusa for instance.

V

Venomiss

We bought our first Viper-2000 GTS that we picked up from the factory from Bill. Then the second one 2003 from Bill. Now the third one 2005 from Bill that we still own.
Woodhouse is the way to go-many happy customers.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest one of the finest and biggest Viper dealers in the country.
Roanoke Motors!!!!:2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Call John Gastman or Dennis Rocke at 1-800-541-6858.
They also have the best viper tech in the country Dave Remmert.
You can't go wrong with Roanoke.:D :D :D

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that I will buy my next one from Bill P.
  • Product knowledge
  • Price
  • Enclosed delivery to your door
  • Integrity
All second to none!

Bill P "is the Man"! :2tu: :2tu: :usa:

Phil :)

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The list can't be complete without Buhler Dodge.

All the dealers mentioned have supported the VCA both regionally and Nationally! They are knowlegable, professional and always go the extra mile for us!

They deserve a huge thank you from the VCA!

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done biz wirh Woodhouse with Bill P. on 2 cars this year. I can say that I don't like to haggle and he doesn't get into a game playing on making a purchase. All you ever have to do is call Bill or Mark and you feel like part of the Woodhouse family. Can't get much better!!!!!!!!!!!! sandy g.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck Tator at Tators Dodge, the oldest Dodge Dealership in the country and good ole fashion personal customer service for the rest of your life!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I,ve purchased 2 Vipers from Buhler Dodge and will get my third from them also. Darren is a great guy! :beer:

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what's meant by "sold out" for particular colors - do you guys mean factory production is sold out or that all that will be produced have a deposit on them from a customer?

Just before going to Pocono last Thursday, I stopped in my relatively "small town" dealership (where I bought my Ram and '05 Copperhead) to see what my options are for an ‘08. The dealership claims to have a Viper Tech on staff (I've yet to had a need to confirm that), and I’d be damned if they sell more than a few Vipers a year.

Anyway, one of the managers came right over and showed me his order for an ’08 – Viper Red. Not sure I want that color (since I have two red cars), but my point is that this car is for sale. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are other “small town” dealers that ordered a “sold out” color that is not yet “sold”…

Last edited:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure why there is continued confusion on when specific colors are going to be produced. I refer you to the 2008 details thread. Only one color has been sold out and that is GTS blue. All other colors are open for ordering and the time for production of specific colors is again outlined in the details thread. Also I think JonB has excellent thread on options as well as colors.