Who's Black 04 from Ill was it at a Dodge Auction?

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who\'s Black 04 from Ill was it at a Dodge Auction?

I was at a dodge auction today and number 5 on the block was an 04 srt viper, 3 k on theclock, a buyback from dodge for engine noise which sold for an unheard of, 48500. whose car was it...i am kick ing myself in the ass for not raising my tag and buying htat *****. whats the dealeo with that car?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who\'s Balck 04 from Ill was it at a Dodge Auction?

Ron,

Who held the auction? Was it for car dealers only? Where was this?

Thanks,

Jay K.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who\'s Black 04 from Ill was it at a Dodge Auction?

2004 was the most notorious year for crankshaft failures due to loose bolts. There were more than a few buybacks in 2004, which certainly did not help the SRT's cause.

The challenge you have is that many of these buybacks no longer have the factory warranty due to the nature of their problems. So add a potential $10,000 engine to that $48,500 cost if that is indeed the case. And you would still have no warranty other than a 12/12,000 on the new engine.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks ChriS!!

:2tu:

Jay K.

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry for the few typos in my first post. My wife was having Bunco at the house last night so I nabbed a bottle of wine from the ladies and helped myself.
The auction was a closed Dodge factory sale. I ran a carfax this morning and it still shows the original owner. No mention of the buyback. I will check with a dealer later regarding the warranty. The car was a little roachy and had a burn spot in the center of the hood.
I told my son, he's five, and he told me to get a red one to match my SRT10 Quad.

Another interesting buy was car nuber 990 in the run, an 05 SRT10 Quad cab which was a Dodge test vehicle. 5000 miles, sold for 32500

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi