WHO's Going to Pocono From NE. Area

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone from the NE area thinking of going to Pocono on August 16th. This will be my 3rd time going. It is the great time you will ever have with your car. From 9:00 to 5:00 every 20minutes you will go out on the track depending on your class type. You get to drive on tracks 3 out of the 4 turns and then come down into the infield to an autocross track and it will bring you back onto the track. After 20 minutes out on the track you'll come down pit row. I don't care who you are you'll feel like someone needs your autograph. It is the best feeling ever. If you think you would like to go don't wait to long to sign up .:drive:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going. How does the schedule work at Pocono? I believe there are three groups of drivers: beginners, intermediate and advanced. How much track time do the three groups get?

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going. How does the schedule work at Pocono? I believe there are three groups of drivers: beginners, intermediate and advanced. How much track time do the three groups get?

It starts at 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. 3 groups per hour, so you get about 2-1/2 hours of track time. You will be tired at the end of the day, plus a good lunch too.:eater:

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking of going. I would need to get a helmet though. I live in bensalem- where are you coming from?
I did a track day years ago with acura nsx (not mine, it was a demo I was invited to). It was a great time.
Gary

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking of going. I would need to get a helmet though. I live in bensalem- where are you coming from?
I did a track day years ago with acura nsx (not mine, it was a demo I was invited to). It was a great time.
Gary
Hi Gary
I'll be coming from Mass down by Cape Cod. I usually leave on Wednesday and take my time,I'll check in to the hotel and drive around a bit. I think it is 8 hrs for me. I'll stay at the Best Western in the area 1-570-646-6000. And there is a restuarant about 15 minutes away and you get a 24 ounce steak for like $ 14.95 it was like that for 2 years in a row. You will have an awesome time. Let me know Rick:2tu:

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I will be going up weds night and staying at the Best Western Hotel. I guess it's the same one but the number on the viper club info is 800-780-7234. I ordered the helmet and will be sending the check in shortly.
Thanks
Gary

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going and driving from CT. I'll drive down Weds and I'd be happy to tag along with anyone passing through our great state :rolleyes: . The family & I are making a short vacation out of it and staying at Woodloch Pines which I believe is about 1hr away from the track.

- Tony

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going and driving from CT. I'll drive down Weds and I'd be happy to tag along with anyone passing through our great state :rolleyes: . The family & I are making a short vacation out of it and staying at Woodloch Pines which I believe is about 1hr away from the track.

- Tony
Hi Tony I'll see you there. How many in your family , because the car is only a 2 seater. You'll have the best time ever. RICK:drive:

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader--VCA Members get a Discount @ www.Helmetcity.com
ViperTony---I've done the Poconos last 3 years, lots of fun. Only problem is if you Crash:omg: I was Lucky enough to Drive Lime Rock Twice, Vegas Speedway and Texas Speedway. Thanks To VCA, NY/CT and NJ Clubs. If I wasn't getting Back from Vacation a few days before and Going to VCA Event at Belle Isle Labor Day I'd hook up with you. I'm Up in Sherman CT Now. We'll have to Hook up in CT somewhere soon. If You Like Football let me Know--Big UConn-NYJets Fan. I bet if you are a Football Fan Your a Pats Fan,:nono: living that end of the State.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Pyrotech. Its not a open face Helmet:rolaugh: I had a friend who got in an accident and his jaw was broken real bad. If You have a Fat Head:omg: you can Borrow mine. ;)

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nader--VCA Members get a Discount @ www.Helmetcity.com
ViperTony---I've done the Poconos last 3 years, lots of fun. Only problem is if you Crash:omg: I was Lucky enough to Drive Lime Rock Twice, Vegas Speedway and Texas Speedway. Thanks To VCA, NY/CT and NJ Clubs. If I wasn't getting Back from Vacation a few days before and Going to VCA Event at Belle Isle Labor Day I'd hook up with you. I'm Up in Sherman CT Now. We'll have to Hook up in CT somewhere soon. If You Like Football let me Know--Big UConn-NYJets Fan. I bet if you are a Football Fan Your a Pats Fan,:nono: living that end of the State.
Post pics pf the house!!! Just went up that way with my boy and the GT. Went to Rudd pond! Was feeling sad about my mom. Died 10 years ago today. We used to take a bus up that way when I was a little boy and we would stay all day. Growing up in the ****holes of the Bronx and Brooklyn I thought it was paradise!! We had no money and we still managed to have fun. If she could only see me now......:(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21