Who's got flames?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving home after dark and a vette wanted to play. It was a new or newer vette and he had no idea that I was packin paxton heat. I dusted him a few times. My car shoots flames when I run it up the in the rpms and let off the throttle...this guy almost fell out of his car he was so excited to see the fire balls he was practicley jumping out his window saying Flames!!!! Flames!!!:lmao::drive:

haha good times....anyone else have flames out the side pipes?

Last edited:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha I love it, especially that it was a Vette owner. Always good to suprise them not having a clue what you have under the hood. Its good to give them no chance. I hear the popping pretty loud on de-acceleration but of course I can never see it. I am not sure if its actually shooting out flames though. I do know that SC Vipers because of the more fuel more likely shoot out flames. I need to get someone to video me driving to see if mine does.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get flames from my 94 all the time and I can see them from the truck if I am really trying. High rev and then letting it come down with back pressure. I love my Borla for just that reason.:D

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha I love it, especially that it was a Vette owner. Always good to suprise them not having a clue what you have under the hood. Its good to give them no chance. I hear the popping pretty loud on de-acceleration but of course I can never see it. I am not sure if its actually shooting out flames though. I do know that SC Vipers because of the more fuel more likely shoot out flames. I need to get someone to video me driving to see if mine does.

if you are shooting flames, you will know it...you can see the light out of the corner of your eye through the side windows...it's very noticable and bright with my car.:omg::D

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea at high RPMs during the evening, its fun lighting up the road! It's extremely bright from my car, especially when flames come out of both sides. It’s crazy!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, it's great. I was rolling along and here comes a bike.. The guy has the bike matching jacket etc., you know the type... Anyway, we square off at about thirty mph. The guy is just off my right rear quarter when I shifted from second to third... I saw the familiar " blueish photo flash" in my mirror. I see the bikes headlights pointing almost straight down he hit the brakes so hard when I shot flames out the side... :lmao::rolaugh:

It's a very enlightning experience... I love it :firedev:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Soooooooo, to anyone that has just confessed to acts against their fellow community members I sentence you to four sessions of sensitivity training.

First meeting will be this Sunday at ******'s - kickoff time. Please be sensitive. :D

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the look ? :D

6041VIPFART.jpg

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes! went on a exotic car cruise and there are videos of me shooting 3 foot flames out the sides. actually a corvette guy was pointing at my side pipes yelling flames flames while we were crusin...

also one night ACR steve and i were cruzin down to the city and apparently flames came out the side of my car and scared a mini van and he swirved like he thought i was gona blow up! thats what steve said.. :)

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also get a loud pop once in a while, which makes people run for cover. But would love to shoot flames. Do you guys run boosted cars??? When I bought my car, the guy gave me a flame-throwing kit. I figured that it wasn’t for me to screw sparkplugs in to my exhaust. What should I do to get that effect naturally?

:drive:

Last edited:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well in my case its just Borla exahust. I am sure that having either s/c or nos would certainly help but its not needed. Just run your RPMs up in 2nd or 3rd gear then let off the gas without putting the clutch in. It won't happen every time though. well not for me anyway. you may already do it and just not notice. It helps if its darker.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE=ILLSMOQ;2647111]are you running a higher octane gas to produce those flames?:omg:[/QUOTE]

:hijack:[

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also get a loud pop once in a while, which makes people run for cover. But would love to shoot flames. Do you guys run boosted cars??? When I bought my car, the guy gave me a flame-throwing kit. I figured that it wasn’t for me to screw sparkplugs in to my exhaust. What should I do to get that effect naturally?

:drive:

Yes you need to remove the cats...

Mine shot flames before I put the S/C on it. just run it up to redline like you are going to shift and then let off the throttle.....POP and fire balls. with the S/C the fire balls are much easier to produce:D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO CATS!!! be careful what you say guys!!! there a **** on here from FL that is against NO CATS n the environment..i forget his name..im surprised he's not on here yet to run his mouth yet.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was out the other night and ran my buddy Shawn's 03' vert and I was pulling away from him in 2nd and 3rd when I decided to let off at high RPM :firedev: He said flames shot out 6 feet and singed his left cheek as he went by me :lmao: and thats all he and his passenger Jedd could talk about for the rest of the night with big grins on :D so it's just not the side exit snakes and I must contribute it to not having cats on a 3' Borla system. I deffinately don't wanna be doing that on the :nitrous: :teeter:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cars with aftermarket exhaust systems might be shooting flames and not know it.

Like ILLSMOQ and the others said, you run your car up to redline and let off slightly before you shift. Most guys are looking straight ahead when at redline:omg: (hopefully...) so they aren't looking in the mirror and can't see the flames.

I didn't know it until some one told me. Now I can control it....:D

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car shoots the 3 foot flames too. I have the Paxton with all 4 cats removed. I was wondering how many others did this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950