Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who\'s wrecked Viper is this?

You must be registered for see images

Just wondered if anyone recognized this car as any members. It is coming up for sale next month in St. Louis. 2000 GTS. It has 27K and a clean Title.

(My car had similar if not LESS damage it has a salvage title. Just goes to show you, you may not be buying the history you think is reflected on the title or carfax)

Z06J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who\'s wrecked Viper is this?

I wonder what is exactly messed up with it? I know I see the hood, rear bumper, probably suspension and the wheels. I wonder what they will ask for it or is it going through an auction?

Reaction score

That car is totaled.....From looking at it not only is almost every body part damaged but the frame is also probably bent not to mention the rear suspension.

Buy it for the drive train...put it in a street rod.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tough Crowd!!!

Don't you think with a little Zaino swirl remover it would buff right out?

B

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd give the wizard a week or 2 and she'll be as good as new.

OP
OP
chickenwarrior

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score

wish I had the driver's seat

see if they'll part it out.

Sorry. It's a dealer only Salvage auction. You buy it strictly "AS-IS", and unlike the Ebay world, you DO have to pay if you are the high bidder.
Current bid is $18,100 due to be sold on Feb. 11th. I feel certain this car will bring >$25K. Especially with a clean title this car will NOT be parted out. You can bet on it. Someone who paid too much will be driving it one day none the wiser. Sad but true....

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The fact that there isn't a clear picture of the right rear suspension should raise a red flag. If that frame section is bent ( and it looks to be ) add about 5k to the repair.

OP
OP
chickenwarrior

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I feel certain this car will bring >$25K. Especially with a clean title this car will NOT be parted out. You can bet on it. Someone who paid too much will be driving it one day none the wiser. Sad but true....

Update: As of today 1/18/05 the current bid is $25,700. It goes to live auction 2/11/05. The live auction opening bid amount is whatever the current bid is 1 hour prior.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The fact that there isn't a clear picture of the right rear suspension should raise a red flag. If that frame section is bent ( and it looks to be ) add about 5k to the repair.

CoPart doen't give a rats *** about the quality of photos. They are not trying to hide or show anything. They have min wages guys taking these photos. You can preview the car before bidding. With a clean title this car will bring high 20's maybe even break 30K if someone wants it bad enough.

Venom500

Viper Owner
Reaction score

wish I had the driver's seat

see if they'll part it out.

Sorry. It's a dealer only Salvage auction. You buy it strictly "AS-IS", and unlike the Ebay world, you DO have to pay if you are the high bidder.
Current bid is $18,100 due to be sold on Feb. 11th. I feel certain this car will bring >$25K. Especially with a clean title this car will NOT be parted out. You can bet on it. Someone who paid too much will be driving it one day none the wiser. Sad but true....
As an inspector I agree, none the wiser, very sad but true....

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can't see that car being worth more than 40K if it ends up with a salvage title. Hope whoever bought it owns a body shop. :confused: :usa:

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]
Update: As of today 1/18/05 the current bid is $25,700. It goes to live auction 2/11/05. The live auction opening bid amount is whatever the current bid is 1 hour prior.

[/QUOTE]

Assuming it sold, what happened to the auction on 2/11/05? Did the seller get a price they couldn't refuse?

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My '98 Silver GTS was $38,000 in December with 19K miles. Great condition, only needed to replace front tires. So, I could have bought this "totaled" Viper with 27K miles and two years newer for $4,700 less. I really missed out!

OP
OP
chickenwarrior

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

Assuming it sold, what happened to the auction on 2/11/05? Did the seller get a price they couldn't refuse?

[/QUOTE]

Guys, remember this was a salvage dealer auction. The auction date was moved up. The price met approval so it WAS sold. At these auctions, you bid and win, you buy, or you're going to court. There's no such thing as "I changed my mind." or "It wasn't what I thought it was" It is sold 100% "AS-IS -WHERE IS" if you get it home and find out the transmission is missing. Tough luck. You should have gone to look at the car.

Also this car was sold with a CLEAN TITLE. That's why it brought so much. There's no chance of it having a salvage title now. You register it just like a normal car. No special inspections. Other than seeing this car went to auction, CARFAX won't show it was ever damaged. Period.