Why are Gen1's front fascia replacements different?

JiPi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are Gen1\'s front fascia replacements different?

I saw the other day that one of my fog lights had felt inside the front fascia. I tried to put it back through the hole in the wheel fender, but couldn't because the bracket that is holding the fog light was broken. So today I took the front fascia off to fix it. Not a big deal. But I was very surprised to see that the way my fog lights are attached to the front fascia is different than the way it was on my original front fascia (I had a body shop change my original front fascia a while back because it got slightly damaged when the car was shipped to Europe, and the insurance paid for a new one but I kept the other one).

Here are some pictures:
The original one with two plastic brackets:
9748DSCF5623-RFI-med.jpg

The replacement one without plastic brackets:
9748DSCF5629-RFI-med.jpg

My first though was that the body shop ordered the wrong fascia and tried to adapt the fog lights, but I looked at the part # and it is exactly the same on both!
9748DSCF5641-RFI-med.jpg

I'm wondering now why parts with the same part # are indeed different. I remember the body shop had to wait for a while to get the new front fascia because it was coming from the US, so I don't think it's a front fascia made for european Vipers (and they have fog lights as well).

Anyway, I will make a new bracket to hold my fog light. I was just wondering if anyone had already experienced that.

By the way, I found these two parts (a foam and a rubber) when I removed the front fascia but I have no idea where they are going. Anyone know?
9748DSCF5658-RFI-med.jpg