WHY ARE THEY SCARED?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Do we expect cops to be so perfect they can walk on water? I say give cops a break for being car enthusiasts, and having an occasional spirited/competitive drive. Ok, its no more right for you to speed then it is a cop,, but do you speed? Is that ok for you to speed? Of course not, but you still do it. Are cops suppossed to be better human beings than you? I say they are the same as everyone else, and as long as they are not abusing their position of authority, they can be human when they are off duty.

Its not like we are talking about entrapment, wrongful death, tramping on civil rights, or beating an innocent suspect silly with a tire iron. Its just off-duty shenanigans, car fun, guy stuff. Do you think our LEO gearhead Viper owners would race someone, and then turn around and give them a ticket? Nah, thats not whats going on here, its just an off-duty occasional romp, and not through residential streets full of tikes on trikes, presumably.

Everybody prays for justice for their enemies, but they pray for mercy for themselves. Try praying for mercy for others, besides yourself. Get off the cop bashing bandwagon, and regain your perspective on humanity.

There are worthy reasons to deservedly get down on cops, and I have done so many times on this board, search my posts and you will find some very terse criticisms of the LAPD, the LA Sherrifs Dept, and police in general. If you didn't know me, you might read those posts and assume I hate all cops, but thats just because there were serious issues at hand to discuss. Real issues, about use of deadly force, Constitutional rights, racism, institutionalized callousness towards the law, and poor training.

But this is not one of those times to dump on them. This little street challenge isn't anything, really, just petty stuff.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a previous owner of 60s muscle cars I have been challenged and reacted the same way. Why? With a car that is 37 years old there is a greater risk of breaking something, especially with a hard launch. The parts for those cars are scarce and cost a small fortune.
Besides the Hemi was a dog off the line, with stock gears, and out of breath after 5K rpms, with the stock exhaust. They were nothing like the present day Hemi.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we expect cops to be so perfect they can walk on water? I say give cops a break for being car enthusiasts, and having an occasional spirited/competitive drive. Ok, its no more right for you to speed then it is a cop,, but do you speed? Is that ok for you to speed? Of course not, but you still do it. Are cops suppossed to be better human beings than you? I say they are the same as everyone else, and as long as they are not abusing their position of authority, they can be human when they are off duty.

Its not like we are talking about entrapment, wrongful death, tramping on civil rights, or beating an innocent suspect silly with a tire iron. Its just off-duty shenanigans, car fun, guy stuff. Do you think our LEO gearhead Viper owners would race someone, and then turn around and give them a ticket? Nah, thats not whats going on here, its just an off-duty occasional romp, and not through residential streets full of tikes on trikes, presumably.

Everybody prays for justice for their enemies, but they pray for mercy for themselves. Try praying for mercy for others, besides yourself. Get off the cop bashing bandwagon, and regain your perspective on humanity.

There are worthy reasons to deservedly get down on cops, and I have done so many times on this board, search my posts and you will find some very terse criticisms of the LAPD, the LA Sherrifs Dept, and police in general. If you didn't know me, you might read those posts and assume I hate all cops, but thats just because there were serious issues at hand to discuss. Real issues, about use of deadly force, Constitutional rights, racism, institutionalized callousness towards the law, and poor training.

But this is not one of those times to dump on them. This little street challenge isn't anything, really, just petty stuff.

I have to disagree. What happens when a cop pulls over another cop speeding recklessly? That's right, a flash of the ID card, a smile and a wave off with the disclaimer, "slow down". The day we ban that practice, and ticket every cop caught going 1 mph over the speed limit, and prosecute every cop that lets another cop go... is the day I wouldn't mind a cop trying to instigate street racing. Anything less is a flagrant ****** of the public trust.

I have more respect for the idiots that street race with everything to lose. It's easy to play the bad@$$ when you have no fear of the consequences. :rolleyes:

Where's Ab when you need him? :D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok. Well since I don't street race can I tell them that the next time they pull me for doing 80-90 on a clear, wide-open, limited-access, designed-for-high-speed interstate highway?

"Really officer. Doing 85 isn't anything, really, just petty stuff."

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have to disagree. What happens when a cop pulls over another cop speeding recklessly? That's right, a flash of the ID card, a smile and a wave off with the disclaimer, "slow down". The day we ban that practice, and ticket every cop caught going 1 mph over the speed limit, and prosecute every cop that lets another cop go... is the day I wouldn't mind a cop trying to instigate street racing. Anything less is a flagrant ****** of the public trust.

I have more respect for the idiots that street race with everything to lose. It's easy to play the bad@$$ when you have no fear of the consequences. :rolleyes:

Where's Ab when you need him? :D

Good point about cops not writing up other cops.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a bunch of hypocrits!

are we for or against street racing? ( on track / off track ).

in THIS POST, dated June of '06, EVERYONE APPEARS TO BE FOR IT.

pro-street racing thread

what is the difference? are we just getting "crotchity" with winter setting in, or is this the ANTI-street-racing crowd? maybe we are just going along with the "bashing flow" here? is street racing ok if Da1cop races a Z06? you tell me. and no, i do not think "in town" or "highway" racing matters either. i think innocent people can get killed on both, and it is wrong to race on either.

yes, i do think a cop should know better, but leave the poor guy alone till we atleast get all our viewpoints consistent. :rolleyes:

These were lines in the initial post. I think that is the difference.

" I also told him that I am shutting it down at 120mph and I only go when NO other cars are around. He agreed. "

Not putting bystanders at risk is key.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't care what officers do in their spare time, as long as they are not abusing their authority. They can smoke joints, street race, whatever, whats that to me?

There are so many bigger things to worry about.