Why are Vipers allways handicapped in magazines

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
Because all other cars are handicapped in real life.
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laughing2[1].gif

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a while you start to think whether it is just a matter of money and the company and the car that has the most cash will get the top prize in these magazines. A few years ago the vipers were at the top of everything in motortrend magazine. Now it seems that the car is a bit slower on the same tests. i dont understand it

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Maybe DC isn't keeping up with their payments!

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me that whatever magazine you read that has a Viper in it there is allways some kind of handicap that the car has to deal with. Either the tires are mismatched or it could not get to the track or the factory like in this months car and driver, did not send a driver that knew the car as the other 2 cars like Porshe and Corvette did. It seems that it never fails. There is allways something that gives it a disadvantage.

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's even worse is the way they are handicapped on the track. Being made to run smaller tires and install additional weight to 'level the playing field' just pi$$es me off....

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What amazed me is that it finished 2nd with the Editor driving, ahead of the Z06 with factory race driver. Braking seemed to be the stock Viper's downfall. With StopTech's I'm sure it would have bested Hurley and his 996TT, even with the Editor driving!!! Wow!!!
smile.gif