Why Do People Do Stupid Things When I Am In My Viper?

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mustang Gts Revving there motors when there heading the other way, Hondas tailgating, Subaru WRXs that cut in front of you, Cars burning out at intersections for no reason, 80s Trans Ams whipping up behind you on the highway 5 feet off your bumper, constant requests for burnouts...Please feel free to add to this nonsence...I guess Vipers bring out the craziness in people...00PROWLER... :confused: :confused: :confused:

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello,
i had a guy in a stationwagon want to race. it seems every swinging d@#$ with a 4 speed wants to race. and there is no gratification about racing these idiots, who's going to bragg about beating a honda accord!!

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They don't want to really race, they just want to see you hammer it.

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch these idiots very carefully. Had a guy next to me hammer his old mans supercharged Harley Davidson truck, lost control and totalled out my gen1. :mad:

gts104

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the best is when you get some chump in a vette or a supercharged stang to roll up on you and hold there rpms @ 4500 then when you decide to lay in on em they pull for the last part of that gear and think they have pulled you and quickly slow back down. I guess this is so they they can go run home and tell all ther friends they beat a viper. Im to the point now I just ignore the idiots.

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
341 posts and your just noticing this? Everytime I take the car out this happens. The worst things in the universe are a car and a telephone because any ***** can get ahold of them.

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
341 posts and your just noticing this? Everytime I take the car out this happens. The worst things in the universe are a car and a telephone because any ***** can get ahold of them.
Especially when those morons use them at the same time...Snake it seems worse this year than most, maybe a new generation of D-bags got licenses :D :D :D :D

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol... here's what i do in my 450 hp beast... i drive slower than everybody else around me and let all those jokers in their ricers, stangs, vettes, f-bodies, cycles, etc. pass right by me. then it is a chore for them to slow down & gawk. of course i could destroy them but i refuse to put her in danger just to impress some teenagers or d-head that wants to see me step on it. :rolleyes:

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool vid but how much satisfaction did you attain from blowing away a jeep??? in my younger days i would've raced him and his grandmom in her old buick. now i know its just not worth it. i read story here of viper dude that got into some road rage situation where trucker cut him off & sent him into a tailspin off the road and ultimatly ripped his viper in half. talk about ruining your day...

don't take this as preaching, race & have fun and be careful, or whatever.

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the number one request is when these idiots signal the "Burn rubber" hand motion.... Yeah! like I'm gonna burn up my dang P-Zero's for your entertainment! lol... I do also drive EXTRA slow... and not give'em the time of day... most that challenge you, know they'd get demolished.... but they want to size themselves up.... and see how they compare to our cars

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, not worth it. Everybody wants to race. I just wave at them and try not to be a dick, but I'm not going to race.

There's a fairly recent law in TX where if you get caught racing on the street they can take you're ride from you.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was leaving a carshow/VCA meeting today and on the way home this pontiac sunfire is behind me at a redlight and starts revving up. I was impressed that the guy had sense to come off the gas before he blew his motor. They then get beside me and the passenger yells at me to burn rubber. He must've thought either I like spending $400 each for Michelin tires or that if I burned rubber, the Viper would magically grow wings and fly over the car just a little bit on front of me

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool vid but how much satisfaction did you attain from blowing away a jeep??? in my younger days i would've raced him and his grandmom in her old buick. now i know its just not worth it. i read story here of viper dude that got into some road rage situation where trucker cut him off & sent him into a tailspin off the road and ultimatly ripped his viper in half. talk about ruining your day...

don't take this as preaching, race & have fun and be careful, or whatever.

No offense taken, I was just out testing the new camera and wanted to check the view with another vehicle beside me. Just so happens the "suspect" jeep actually geared down and romped the throttle a few times. All I needed was a warm body (or in this case, vehicle) beside me. I doubt the jeep even kicked it...not that I would have known anyway. I just thought the video fit sinse it was a challenge from such a vehicle....per this thread.

Arly, it is a small remote "bullet cam" and it was mounted just in front of the passengers side hood vent. Here is a video from the autocross position and facing forward. It would be more impressive at an actual autocross, but that will come later. The mount is a small 3 suction cup widget. http://www.chasecam.com/bulletcam.htm

http://streetcarforums.com/videos/minicam1.mpg

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahahaha... I'm in my bar and a idiot walks in and starts bragging to all the pretty girls that he has a Viper. He proves this by showing everyone his camera phone that had a picture of him in front of a GTS... a red GTS like mine... white stripes like mine.... hmmm magnesium custom rims like mine.... and even eppears to park in the spot where I parked my GTS

When one of the waitresses saw the pic, she immediately laughed at him and announced loudly to his horror that it was my car. Needless to say, he got laughed out of the bar. As he walks out with his tail tucked behind his legs, I hear him muttering to his friend that he's already saved 8k so he can buy a Viper of his own someday. Good luck and good riddance!

People just become crazy when they see a Viper.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I just wave at them and try not to be a dick, >>

that is exactly what i do. when someone acts stupid around me, revs their engine, whatever, i look right at them, give a big smaile, and give them the THUMBS UP! it always seems to back them off.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never race...but a guy in a 69 Camaro pulls up to me at a stop light and asks if I want to race. I declined at first then this guy says he has just finished putting the finishing touchs on his motor and this was a dream come true to test it against a Viper. I said sure but just up to 10 miles over the speed limit(the speed limit was 45). I was a little nervous I didn't want to let Viper nation down,I only have borla exhast and headers on my snake. We hammer it and it wasn't even close especially when I hit 2nd the Viper just launched like a ***** it was a great rush. The guy gave me a half-assed thumbs up as he went by being odviously crushed that his **** was handed to him.

S

SUN RA KAT

I've had all the above happen to me at some point or another - and most of them yesterday. I finally got fed up and wanted to be where it was safe and went from 6th gear to 4th and zoomed out away from them all and got in the slow lane way up ahead of them all.

I hope those idiots will start to tailgate the C6 Vettes and leave me alone!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never race...but a guy in a 69 Camaro pulls up to me at a stop light and asks if I want to race. I declined at first then this guy says he has just finished putting the finishing touchs on his motor and this was a dream come true to test it against a Viper. I said sure but just up to 10 miles over the speed limit(the speed limit was 45). I was a little nervous I didn't want to let Viper nation down,I only have borla exhast and headers on my snake. We hammer it and it wasn't even close especially when I hit 2nd the Viper just launched like a ***** it was a great rush. The guy gave me a half-assed thumbs up as he went by being odviously crushed that his **** was handed to him.

This is kind of why I hate racing old cars. I used to race them a lot with my Mustangs, and a lot of them make excuses so ridiculous that they make ricers look respectable...
"So you had to use nitrous on your car to beat something from the 60's"
"At least my car is all motor, you had to put twin turbos on yours to win"
"I still did good for a car with the stock suspension"
"You had to put heads/cam/intake on your car to beat my xxxxxx engine"

Another thing that ****** me off is the fact that basically no one with an old car seems to understand that just because their car came with 400 horsepower stock, that isn't measured at the rear wheels. Now, obviously there are exceptions, but a lot of people seem to think that horsepower is all that matters, not traction or anything else.

Like the other day I told my dad that my car dynoed 409 RWHP, and he said "Is that it?"

I hate racing old cars.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know why they do it. Hell i used to do it with my Mustang GT , its all about perception, Vipers are look upon as some Bad A$$ car which THEY ARE. And their fast as heck. So naturally when you have a mustang,camero,or something else with some balls, your gonna want to see what it can do next to a VIPER. If your fortunate enough to hang with one or better yet BEAT one, then you know you have a fast ass car and you have some braggin rights LOL. I beat a few Vipers a few years back in Myrtle Beach with my Mustang, and i thought i was the coolest LOL :) Now that i own on i feel even cooler LOL :)

Reaction score
Another thing that ****** me off is the fact that basically no one with an old car seems to understand that just because their car came with 400 horsepower stock, that isn't measured at the rear wheels. Now, obviously there are exceptions, but a lot of people seem to think that horsepower is all that matters, not traction or anything else.

Like the other day I told my dad that my car dynoed 409 RWHP, and he said "Is that it?"

I hate racing old cars.

[/QUOTE]

Here is something else to consider. Engines rated at 400HP(SAE gross HP) before 1972 would be approx. 320HP(SAE net HP) by todays standards(approx 20% less). Then, minus another 15 or 20 per cent for rwhp. That old muscle car may really only have 256 to 272 rwhp. So, when someone tells you their old stock muscle car had as much HP as your Viper, tell them to wakeup because they are dreaming. In a few cases, the factory under rated the HP, but still not likely to beat todays engines.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is something else to consider. Engines rated at 400HP(SAE gross HP) before 1972 would be approx. 320HP(SAE net HP) by todays standards(approx 20% less). Then, minus another 15 or 20 per cent for rwhp. That old muscle car may really only have 256 to 272 rwhp. So, when someone tells you their old stock muscle car had as much HP as your Viper, tell them to wakeup because they are dreaming. In a few cases, the factory under rated the HP, but still not likely to beat todays engines.
You guys remember the 67-9 L88 corvettes? Supposedly they were "race cars" sold to the public in which according to many unfounded rumors were wrecked immediately after leaving the dealerships due to them being wickedly fast. Well the viper would smoke the beJesus out of the L88. So I definitely agree with the quote above that the vast majority of the "old stuff" can't compete with today's viper.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

haha try telling that to my dad. He would take bits of pieces of what you said "400 HP" plus "factory under rated the HP" and then make his argument. :)

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never street race. It's a lose/lose situation. Even if you win, you stooped to there level and it looks like your insecure and have to prove something. It's dangerous and 90% of the time, my wife is with me and I'm not risking anything there. Keep the racing at the track! Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21