why do people hate on these cars so damn much!!!

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright so i'm a super easy going nice guy but some people are just dumb assholes. I hop in the GTS to go workout tonight and I'm turning left onto main street downtown when some kid in a bike driving by yells to me as he's passing to light em up....I'm like OK I'm turning left on a busy street downtown, even if I wanted to theres no way to possibly do it, so i look back at him with a *** you're an idiot look on my face and the ****ing punk spits on my car as he drives by!!!!! I got out but the ****er just sped away...good thing he did. I've noticed a lot of people hate on this car, what the hell man. I know i'm pretty young to be driving one, but i worked my ass off for this damn thing!!!! There have also been other instances where people have said stuff also, what the hell is wrong with people i swear

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah I get people looking at me and stuff all the time and I get comments but I try to be as nice as possible. I'm 28 and since I'm part asian I look younger than my age. I own a matte black corvette and alot of people know of that car since I've had it longer. I get the what do you do questions etc all the time. I don't live in a very rich area and the average income here is 30k dollars so.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why do people hate on these cars so damn much!!!

i look back at him with a *** you're an idiot look on my face and the ****ing punk spits on my car as he drives by!!!!! I got out but the ****er just sped away...good thing he did. I've noticed a lot of people hate on this car, what the hell man.

I'd guess that it is just you, and not the car. I'm just going by my own experience with the car, and what I read into your post. Would you have gotten the same reaction from him if you had grinned and given him a thumbs up when he yelled to you? I'm not surprised that he responded to your insult the way he did. I guess that I missed the part where he insulted you.

OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd guess that it is just you, and not the car. I'm just going by my own experience with the car, and what I read into your post. Would you have gotten the same reaction from him if you had grinned and given him a thumbs up when he yelled to you? I'm not surprised that he responded to your insult the way he did. I guess that I missed the part where he insulted you.
yea, it was the way he said it in kind of a mocking way...I'm a super nice laid back guy.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had people ask me the same thing, I just smile and give the thumbs up as well. In LA most people don't even care about the car. It's just another car out here.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that happens a lot to me. i just wave and smile while shaking my head. nobody has had that kind of reaction with me yet. they usually just motion with thier hands to spin the tires more...i usually just laugh and shake my head. they get the point.

and its ALWAYS in traffic...

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean. It has gotten so bad with all the haters that i have retired my vipers to dry storage & have placed them up for sale. I don't need this.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds like it would have happened no matter what sports car you would have been in. Its just a punk kid who needs a beating.

Now I seemed to find that I had more people actually love the car and give me props on it no matter where I was at. Well not so much when I pulled it up to a Corvette car show... but the non Corvette owners loved it. There are a lot of haters in the world. Cant do anything about them. Maybe they will cheer up a little once Obama starts giving my tax money to them.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I usually get positive reactions. Actually, no one has ever done something like that to me. Of course, like others said, I always smile and give the thumbs up and they are happy they saw a viper that day.

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are people that are just envious, because they can't have one. Here in Miami, we don't tolerate anyone spiting another person car. You are just looking to get shot at. :headbang:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that happens a lot to me. i just wave and smile while shaking my head. nobody has had that kind of reaction with me yet. they usually just motion with thier hands to spin the tires more...i usually just laugh and shake my head. they get the point.

and its ALWAYS in traffic...
I do the exact same
never had any problems like that
I always try to appease when I can though ;)

justin5809

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smiling and shaking my head is how i normally deal with it and have never had any issues like this one. The worst thing i get is the "must be nice to have rich parents" being 23 (and looking even younger) people hate to think that someone is doing better then them, but I just shrug it off smile and drive away

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean. It has gotten so bad with all the haters that i have retired my vipers to dry storage & have placed them up for sale. I don't need this.

"*** your kidding right" I don't give up anything I like or do for no *******. I don't mind the yelling or bad looks, But if he spits at me or my car he's going DOWN!:mad:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i look back at him with a *** you're an idiot look on my face

That's why he spit on your car.

A smile and a "too many cops" response would have left a better impression.

I'm not saying the kid wasn't an idiot or didn't deserve the look you gave him, but the results would have been a lot different with a simple "nope can't do it" response.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...maybe the *** look did it? Needless to say, that is no excuse, but simply smile at the clow and no harm done...

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know where Darkostoj is from but I've been driving Vipers for 11 years and not once has anyone given me anything but positive vibes on the car. Yes, some may been envious, some jealous, but none have done anything but praise the car. This includes moms in minivans that speed up just so their kids can snap a few pics with their cell phones to people stopping on the street to turn and give the car a thumbs up. Heck, I've even had Vette drivers give me a thumbs up.

I've had numerous people give me the "light 'em up" sign even in bumper to bumper traffic, a smile and maybe a quick blip of the throttle elicits a return smile. Whenever someone stops me to ask about the car I always go out of my way to talk about how great it is and how great the club is.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is bad, but than again, you might have provoked it by giving that guy a look which he might have had misinterpreted for: “Look at me, I got a cool car, and you are a piece of sh..t”. I do not think he would have spat on your car if you just waved at him, or given him a piece sign ( that’s what I do). But who knows, he might have been just an a..s , just like some kids who tried to provoke me to light it up in the clear view of a COP which I couldn’t see at a given angle. I, recently, also got a bad look from a 12 year old girl who was sitting on a passenger side of a Prius . I was coming out from a tunnel on high RPM, with a loud pop. Her look almost made me spit on to her dad’s car. LOL. :drive:

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i get hated on in my viper in a very conservative NYC quite a bit.

ive heard "stupid loud car" , azzh@le for no reason, "loser" "small penis" and such. i usually just give them the finger!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Other than badgts I've never gotten bad comments about my Vipers. Being older probably helps some?

There was one day that a German tourist told me that HE didn't think "that those kinds of cars should be allowed to drive in a Park." What a retard, he wasn't smart enough to know that Vipers get so much better mileagge than SUVs and pickups. His being stupid caused his dumb comment.

Another guy told me that if we quit the Grand Prix races we'd save 3 years of New York pollution for ever race that was cancelled. When I told him that most of the F1 cars were running E85 and alcohol he was dumbfounded. His next complaint was that the traffic of the spectators was the pollution problem. Some people just think that you and I need to do what they want us to do and not what we want to do, like the ****'s did.

I find that while they're ******** and complaining is the best time to smile and wish them a good day. :) :)

Ted

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had mine park at a resturant. And my wife over heard some lady telling her son, Some guy must be going through a mid-life crises owning a car like that. Gees Im only 53 yrs old And I still light em up till the smoke rolls out. But yes some people are true assholes and I let them know it.