Why is this not sold yet?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right, it's the miles. I thought I remember you posting finding several clean title 30,000 mile cars for this price or less, right?

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DON'T tempt me.....please dear god don't. I "could" scrape the $$$ together...yes. But I also remember everyone say it's est to be financially secure, "beyond scraping" before I buy one. But look at it this way. If in 6 months this or a similair one is available....why not right? Besides, waiting is never really a bad idea if for the right reasons.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In six months they'll probably be a little more expensive.

Less demand for RT/10s in the fall means cheaper prices. They go up by a few grand come spring.

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i guess you're right. But i have heard that while these are not everyday finds, it is by no means going to be the "last deal" I find online. Most importantthing to me is be patient and make sure I have a solid financial foundation before I go start buying some toys.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's in Dallas.... lot's of board members here may be able to help look at the car... Same side pipe trailer dents as mine has :(

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the "down-low":

1) Don't have $25,000 in cash. At most i have maybe $15,000 - $17,000.

2) I have my Ford truck that with deal trade-in is worth $7,500 and trade is and personal trade about $9,500. ( Could and maybe would throw in truck in trade if it were possible. )

3) Not too sure about Viper being daily driver, especially since fall is here, and winter is coming. However, I would make the sacrifice of taking bus in worse weather...( Who wouldn't for a Viper?...not this guy.) heck, to keep me and the Viper safe I would walk...LOL

4) Any extra cash would have to be done by loan. This is my least favorite option. Since with truck trade would be maybe $3,000 or so max. Still, I don't like loans unless I absolutely have to.

5) Shipping is one thing too. Don't know how it would go. ( extra money needed ).

6) taxes and registering / title would be like another grand or something I bet. and insurance is $2g a year if not mroe for someone my age. ( Could be less so if ya know "where to go", tell me.)

Well, that's about it. Tell me what you think now. If anything is possible, I would most certianly consider it. Would be dumb to pass a great oppurtunity up. And just so ya know, my "low supply" of cash is the moreso then not main problem if not deal can be struck.

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mindbut for reasons above, I don't see a reason to. Like I said, unless one of these two guys would go for something like a tarde plus cash, not gonna happen this year. Next year, more likely but not "right away" unless...

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have really noticed a insanely sharp drop in Viper sales recently. You can notice it over a 2 week period on Ebay. Now, if someone only wanted cash + trade...I am there...lolol

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have really noticed a insanely sharp drop in Viper sales recently. You can notice it over a 2 week period on Ebay. Now, if someone only wanted cash + trade...I am there...lolol

It happens every year after Labor Day. It particularly affects RT/10's, prices drop and sales diminish.... because most of the country is at the tail end of "RT/10" weather...why buy a car to sit it in the garage all winter? In the spring, similar cars sell quickly, for more money. I happens every year. If you want a deal, buy a winter sale car.... in December/January.... prices start eeking up in February, and by April sales are in full swing.

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would this be rude?

I have some cash ( substantial amount ) but not 25k or 30k in hand. Would it be rude to offer a cash + trade [ vehicle (s) ] to sellers? I have never dealt with exotic cars and I don't want to offend anyone.

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol....winking for a reason huh? While "affording one now" is somewhat possible, it would be "wrong to rush". Thanks Jay...lol Weird hwo the most obvious of advice can be the "last" you hear...lolol :p :rolleyes:

( I would gladly wait a year if it meant making the right decision. And so the waiting [ however long necessary ] begins. )

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang