Why would anyone not want an RT/10?

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the reason most women might like the RT10 is because its more of a womens kind of car. If you notice most women are driving convertibles especially Red ones. If I was buying for my wife thats what I would get her but since I'm not, its GTS all the way for me. If I did get a RT10 it would have to be Black or Silver.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the reason most women might like the RT10 is because its more of a womens kind of car. If you notice most women are driving convertibles especially Red ones. If I was buying for my wife thats what I would get her but since I'm not, its GTS all the way for me. If I did get a RT10 it would have to be Black or Silver.

Gee Mike, I wonder who that was directed towards. LOL

Lance, thanks for pic and the clarification.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gee Mike, I wonder who that was directed towards. LOL

Lance, thanks for pic and the clarification.

Sorry Chuck I just could not resist. :D See ya at Sebring :usa:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to stir up a little controversy but ...

- the RT/10 allows for "on-demand posing opportunities" unavailable in a GTS
- the RT/10 provides a wind-in-the hair experience not available in a GTS (unless our coupe brothers roll down the windows)
- the RT/10 possess a true exotic look (low and wide) typical of an Italian classic
- the RT/10 is preferred by 9 out of 10 good looking women
- did I mention that most good looking women prefer the RT/10?

:headbang:

God bless the original Dodge Viper design! :D

For all those reasons and more, it's clear the RT/10 is the better choice ;)

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT slower?

For those that think that, exactly in what category besides top speed is the RT slower than a GTS?

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey lets face it, some Viper owners should not be on display in an open RT10.(I have been to a few viper meetings) It would bring down the Viper value for all of us.
In fact the dealer should throw in free window tint and a valet shirt for those who dont fit the image but insist on buying a RT10.

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needless to say, RT/10 owners need the open cockpit to show off their good looks. Of course I am not suggesting that women think GTS owners are unattractive ... well ... nevermind. :)

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only benefit i see that has made me seriously consider a GTS is that it would be a better foul weather car. I think the styling looks from the back half of the car goes to the rt/10 hands down. It's interesting this post came up as i was presenting my arguements towards getting a GTS to some friends due to our 100+ inches of rainfall a year. The responses were interesting in that comments ranged that the car looked "less classy" to "much more common looking" with a hatch to downright dislike of the tail end. I personally think the GTS is a beatiful vehicle but the analogy of two sisters.. the RT/10 definitely got the looks of the family.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my gen.1 rt/10,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but that third brake-light on the GTS........... :eek: .........sorry,,,,
,,,, I have to go have a personal moment. :smirk:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS :cool: Steel Gray all the way.

Except no substitute :headbang:

2000 GTS Steel Grey :usa:
Six piston Baer claws up front, front brakes in back
Quaife Differential, GKH half shafts, alloy fly wheel,
short throw shifter, polished intakes, K&N air filters, Optima battery,

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it me, or does the RT look wider and lower? I guess I had the opportunity to pick up a GTS to compliment my RT, but I couldn't stand not being able to ride *******. Picked up a second RT ;)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The RT/10 does look wider and lower.

And yes, there are RT/10's that compete in Viper Days, etc. Both cars need a roll bar and the RT/10 with a roof does the trick.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone that has a GTS usually already had an RT/10 . Kind of like us Viper owners used to drive vettes. GTS are just upgrades and better all around. If you want an RT/10 go buy a T Top vette.

hahahahah

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A GTS is like Britney Spears with a little more clothing. It still looks good but there is nothing like the top-less ****** ... uh ... I mean version.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or, on second thought, we may just like a roadster or convertible better. Pretty sure I could have afforded a GTS or 2 :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone that has a GTS usually already had an RT/10 . Kind of like us Viper owners used to drive vettes. GTS are just upgrades and better all around. If you want an RT/10 go buy a T Top vette.

You just have the one Viper, right Gerald?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm, perhaps I should buy another one Chuck? I'm thinking perhaps a comp coupe or two.. wanna help me pick the color? :laugh:

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once heard the RT/10 referred to a "lunch sandwich" when viewed from the back.

When I asked *** that meant, this fella said - "look at it...it looks like a sandwich that ya packed for lunch and accidently sat on first."

I can't for the life of me look at at asss end of an RT without thinking about that.

Oh, and the 3rd brake light on the GTS *is* killer..... :laugh:

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm, sandwich? Maybe someone can post a picture of its posterior, I can't visualize it.
I always wanted an RT/10 until the coupe came out. From then on, I only wanted the coupe. The RT/10 will remembered as the one that started it all though. :)

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang! I almost had a "3-pager" but this thread appears to be nearly dead. Someone say something about the Vipair System or about a 20 minute test drive. :)

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on a serious note though...I wouldnt trade the features & fun of a RT over a GTS...

I must say, the one thing that bothers me about the RT is the ragtop. I wish they put a little more effort into it. Clearly an after-thought, and truly not meant to be worn as it is a roadster, but sometimes it needs to be thrown on. It just feels crappy to me. For such an exotic car, you'd think it would be a little nicer.

The hardtop, on the other hand, doesnt do it for me either. Looks like a hat from the back.

No better viper scenario than top off & side pipes ringin' in your ears! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: