Why would anyone not want an RT/10?

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to stir up a little controversy but ...

- the RT/10 allows for "on-demand posing opportunities" unavailable in a GTS
- the RT/10 provides a wind-in-the hair experience not available in a GTS (unless our coupe brothers roll down the windows)
- the RT/10 possess a true exotic look (low and wide) typical of an Italian classic
- the RT/10 is preferred by 9 out of 10 good looking women
- did I mention that most good looking women prefer the RT/10?

:headbang:

God bless the original Dodge Viper design! :D

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
blue/white GTS is the big exception to that one: classic in my opinion

i love the roadsters otherwise

hey SNAKBIT, sweet avatar pic!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed my preference is for a true roadster. love the look and feel of the car with no top, windows or rear window on.. makes the car look so open and the feel of driving is like being free. Of course the GTS is also amazing especially the 96 in blue/white combo. Amazing looking car and my favorite viper colors of any style..

207004_04-med.JPG

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I prefer the lines of the gts over the r/t. I like the roof line and rear hatch glass as it flows into an upsweep of the rear spoiler. The main thing I do not like about the r/t is the fact that you can't take your roof off and keep it with you in case it rains. Down here in Florida it rains just about every day during the summer and it is nice to know I don't have to worry about the inside of the car getting wet. If I lived somewhere else I would have considered the r/t.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And then there is that funny looking toupee top thing, yeah THAT looks REALLY good compared to the smoooth flowing bubble top looks of the GTS. Only kidding, I want an RT10 in the garage next to the GTS real bad...my favorite..Sapphire blue with connelly interior.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Gerald!!!!!!!! :2tu:

and just think,,,,,,, that compliment came from the ultimate poser!!!!!!!!!!! :D :eek: :D :eek: :2tu: :usa:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT/10s are the best gen1s of coarse :cool: after all if it wasn't for them there would be no GTSs or SRT10s
( :headbang: 98 GT2s exempt love them cars :headbang: )

BUT A VIPER IS A VIPER!!!! :2tu: :2tu:

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume you mean other than for the following two reasons:

1. They are down right ugly when compared to the GTS

2. They are inferior in performance to the GTS

If you've already got a GTS, then I cant think of any reason why not to get an R/T also (perhaps as your ****** car)

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS for now! Done the RT thing! Both have things the other does not. Although I miss the wind in my hair. :headbang:

The RT was a little more "Poser" on the spot. Hot ****'s looking down from thier big Caddy SUV's, licking thier lips while checking me out! I can't look up to see that in my GTS, maybe they just quit doing that??? NOT!!!!!!!!

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always liked the Viper until the GTS came out. Then I LOVED the Viper. I had to have one. The GTS styling is what put me over the top. It's strange that I feel this way because the cars are so very similar below the body line.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS brothers you forgot to mention our RT brothers look like clowns in a circus with the top down. If the driver is at or above 6 feet his head will stick out over the windshield looks downright silly. Now with the top on they look sweet in that case should get a GTS anyway. Also a GTS Viper year for year gets a higher premium for dare I say more desirability. :2tu: Keep in mind a RT guy aked for the punishment. :eek:

S

SUN RA KAT

I'm too tall at 6'5" to fit in the RT-10 even with the 2" seat lowering kit if I had to pop out the emergency folding top. If I lived somewhere where it didn't rain every other day or the emergency folding top gave me as much room as the removeable hard top...

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe because it's a halfassed convertible. Now the SRT...

The RT is not... let me repeat NOT a convertible... never was intended to be a convertible..... It was intended to be a true open cockpit road car.... very similar to the AC Cobras of the 60's.

The RT (at least the Gen I) shouldn't even be compared to the amenity filled luxurious SRT........... and don't even get me started on the styling deficiencies of the SRT... puhleese.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu:
Malcoll, I couldn't have said it better...we are all in the fraternity guys so lets not turn this into a negative thread against eachother..LEAVER THAT TOO THE ENVIOUS PEOPLE OUT THERE AND YOU KNOW WHO ARE YOU!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you've already got a GTS, then I cant think of any reason why not to get an R/T also (perhaps as your ****** car)

LOL I got my "****** car" first. It's hard to tell which one's my ****** car now. :)