Will 355/25YR19 fit on the stock rear wheels ok?

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Title says it all. Or should i just stick with the stock size? Non runflat of course.

Thanks,

Frank

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
per pirelli's site their 355/25/19 has an overall diameter of 26 inches...

michelins site lists their 345/30/19 pilot with a diameter of 27.4 inches..

sounds to me like it might look funny.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and what tire did you put on the 20's?....did you stick with the 335/30/20? If so do you have pics?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of the rear wheels with the Pirelli 355 profile 19'' tires?

/Rich

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my old car with 19's and 355's. You can see how big the gap becomes.
3406MY_SRT_PICS_009-med.JPG

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed a Set and I can finally hook up in second and mostly first,

the gap is not visably worse than stock but i am considering dropping the car by adding new shocks/coils

i will post a picture later this weekend

Rich

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They don't look funny, lowering is always a good idea with low profile tires. Grip difference is night and day.

I have a pair of Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's 355/25/19's for sale. They are brand new. PM me if interested.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gap IS noticeable, and they DO look funny to me! Look at the pic of my car above! There is a big difference between that and stock!

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Easy with the exclamation marks ya spaz. It doesn't look any funnier than stock to me. IMO the gap looks funny stock, they should all come from the factory lowered. Two different opinions, and that's ok buddy.
Was your car lowered? Do you think it would have looked good lowered?

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a pic of mine with 20's on the rear. Yes, the rim is 1" bigger, but it has the same low profile (345/25/20). As you can see the car does need to be lowered, but IMO it does not look "funny".
Carrot, your pic is from your knees,(standard position for you?...joking :D ) looking at the gap. In pics, that always makes it look worse. Besides that, when you are that close, the light from the flash goes into the wheel-well, again making the gap appear worse.
PS: Carrot, that was a nice SRT you had, do you miss it?
You must be registered for see images attach

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tires are just much shorter than the stock tires. If you think it looks weird stock, you should have seen my car with the 355's on it. lol Mine was not lowered, and I could tell a huge difference the second I put them on. I literally got on the phone with J.H. and ordered some 20's. The fact that you have 20's makes a BIG difference. The gap you see in the pic is the gap you get. It just didn't look right. Ideally, I would have lowered the car AND put 20's on the back.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of mine with 20's on the rear. Yes, the rim is 1" bigger, but it has the same low profile (345/25/20). As you can see the car does need to be lowered, but IMO it does not look "funny".
Carrot, your pic is from your knees,(standard position for you?...joking :D ) looking at the gap. In pics, that always makes it look worse. Besides that, when you are that close, the light from the flash goes into the wheel-well, again making the gap appear worse.
PS: Carrot, that was a nice SRT you had, do you miss it?
You must be registered for see images attach

Oh hell, your pic didn't come up yesterday! It's a different story on a Gen 3! They look fine on a Gen2!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I regularly run 18's on the back of my SRT, but it is lowered. Drag radials and sticky track tires don't yet come in 19's or 20's and would be heavier anyway.

18's do look very funny on an SRT that has not been lowered, like the one pictured above.

18's look somewhat better on my GTS, but it is now lowered too. The red one above would look better lowered too, IMHO.

Dan