Will B&B headers make it run rich?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed my headers to B&B from Belangers. The car was tuned with Belangers on and it was running great. A/F was a flat 12. After I changed to B&B's it smells like it's running a lot richer and there's more popping on decel than before. I haven't got it back on the dyno yet but it seems like it should run leaner if the B&B's flow more.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might smell gas from the slip fits. But I wouldn't think they would affect the A/F if you already had headers before.

D

DAMN YANKEE

I agree with 2001GTS, but if you have wideband(s) just do a quick log to see if you are still at 12.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed my headers to B&B from Belangers. The car was tuned with Belangers on and it was running great. A/F was a flat 12. After I changed to B&B's it smells like it's running a lot richer and there's more popping on decel than before. I haven't got it back on the dyno yet but it seems like it should run leaner if the B&B's flow more.

Did you get the B&B Stepped Headers/Ceramic Coated? That's what we have...and yes, it ran richer, leaned it down a bit and still pops on decel...but a *good* popping, mixed ours with the Corsa Track Exhaust and Flow-Thru Cats...AWESOME sound altogether.
Hope yours sounds the way you want it to. ~juli~

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, mine are the slip fits and are coated. The smell isn't coming from any leaks it's from the rear end... :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't really notice a smell from the side pipes...you got awesome times and speed!! We don't track the car, just 'street' it!! :D ~juli~

G

grcforce327

grcforce327, can you actually see those WB's while driving ?
Yes,right between the steering wheel.I am changing to an AIM digital dash so everything will be right in front of me!:D
I'm surprised that no one has caught the fact that both gauges are reading the same!With widebands bouncing up and down constantly while the car is running,I bet I couldn't do it again!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have an A/F gauge and it's jumpy all the time other than WOT. I try not to look at it when I'm driving so I rather just do it at the dyno. I'll have to try and look at it before I get on the dyno and get a reading.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Looking at the gauge....at just about any time...is just about worthless.
The gauge should be relatively steady at idle, at held cruise at WOT..
Log, log, log....Log on the street, Log on the Dyno.

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried it last night. It was pretty useless. It's a little scary at WOT and not looking at the road.:drive: :omg: :nono:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62