Will CCW's made for a Gen II fit a Gen III?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will not fit. Had a friend with a Gen 3 accidentally get sent a set for a Gen 2. They would not work, he had to send them back. If I remember correctly, the e-brake was not the only problem.

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that's my questions :) I play to buy a set of CCW's that someone used on their GenII, and they had Dave's big brake system (GenIII calipers) and the relocation kit installed on their GenII. The CCW's fit their car. My question is, will it fit my GenIII? Are the offsets or anything else different to prevent the wheels from fitting? Thanks!

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

Is there a chance you could ask your friend what the problem was? I'm wondering if there is a work-around solution...

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they were running Dave's BBK then he was basically running a gen 3 brake setup and the rims would work on your car. Was it a 4 wheel setup?

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he was running the big brake kit, but not sure if it was all 4 wheels. I'll check.

Assuming that he was running the big brake (ie, Gen III) calipers on all 4 wheels, as well as the e-brake relocation kit, his CCW Gen II wheels should fit my stock Gen III coupe right? I guess the ultimate question is whether anything else other than the calipers and rear ebrake affect wheel fitment.

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, just talked to John Purner himself (working ******* a Saturday!). He said the wheels will NOT fit. Apparently, it's not just a larger caliper and larger rotor issue. The overhang on the caliper affects the fitment. That's why we never see the classic CCW's on GenIII's. He did say the C14 forged wheels would work, and they're a stronger 1-piece design.

On a related note, John has his 1997 Viper GTS up for sale on ebay, ending on Monday!

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 220312310955 end time Nov-24-08 17:00:00 PST)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4