Will Gen II side sills fit on a Gen I.

tradin1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the look of the Gen II side sills. I have a 94, and would love to convert. Any help is allways appreciated.

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They certainly should... I converted my GTS to side exhaust using Gen I side sills and no mods were required to sills.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tradin1:
I love the look of the Gen II side sills. I have a 94, and would love to convert.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a first. Most people love the side pipe look and were disappointed when they went away after 95, myself included. My opinion changed within minutes of getting my 98. Now I love the "clean" look of the newer side sills. Although those side pipes still look bada$$.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They interchange easily.

PartsRack takes trades !

And we even have ONE SET of pristine red G-1 sillcovers, with hi-polished center ribbed section !

RickL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also like the look of the Gen II sills better also. Weird that you asked that because I was talking to a friend yesterday and asked if he thought it would work. Wouldn't you have to change the whole exhaust though??

-Rick

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RickL:
I also like the look of the Gen II sills better also. Weird that you asked that because I was talking to a friend yesterday and asked if he thought it would work. Wouldn't you have to change the whole exhaust though?? Rick <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you could certainly install un-plumbed sills and have the 'sidepipe look' and maybe even dummy in a tip !!

But adding a sidepipe cat-back ($549) and relocating (or simulating) the Rear O-2s (esp for 2000+) is all you neeed to do.

RickL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I meant Gen II sills on a Gen I car. Wouldn't you have to get rear exit exhaust?

-Rick

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RickL:
I meant Gen II sills on a Gen I car. Wouldn't you have to get rear exit exhaust?

-Rick

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, unless you want to cut a hole in the GenII sill. But to run it out the back of a GenI you will need to cut a hole in the rear fascia or the tips will be very close to the ground.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian R