Will the new roadster be refined????

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try to answer what I can:

#1. The new scoop is need to get the air into the much larger air box.

#2. Can't answer?

#3. Opinion.

#4. Side exhaust in the 92-95 RT10 are REAL. The new exhaust has a black plate (just like the one on the GTS-R) that is in a metal finish, and it looks great. I think you can see it if you go to the Detroit auto show site.

#5. Opinion.

#6. New emblem, much more aggressive. The letters help differentiate the models.

#7. The new wheel allows for more air to assist in cooling the larger brakes.

Personal suggestion: You might want to buy a 2002 Viper, since you obviously are looking for one.

Dolph Williams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet DC is laughing their a$$ off at all of us right now. They have teased us with the current prototypes, knowing good and well they have a plan up their sleeve. They know that's all they have to do to get good feed back to do last minute "tweeking". Let's laugh with them as we all march down to our Dodge stores of choice next week to place our orders. I love it!!!!!

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark O,

I have not posted anything on like threads because styling is so subjective. I also have been as ambivalent about the SRT design as I can remember being about any other design.

That said, after reading your post, I think you hit the nail on the head. I feel clearer on what has been bugging me about the SRT design.

Thanks.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
"VIPER SHAPING UP IN THE GYM: Criticized for not being aggressive enough, the next-gen Viper has been working out at the gym and will have a more bold look than the roadsters that have been seen previously."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's good news if its true. In reality I think it's too late for any design changes other than the hood and front grill. Changing those 2 things would really make all the difference, styling wise that is, and have no real impact on the rest of the car. To redesign the rear end or the sides would cost alot of $$ and time. The hood and grill change would be relatively quick and easy.

As far as the "S"RT it's a marketing thing. Not marketing for the Viper but rather Neons, Ram trucks etc. It will make the Neon "S"whatever owner feel special because the Viper is an "S"RT. So I would not expect DC to drop the "S" anytime soon. I think RT-10S sounds better, the "S" at the end. Humm wonder what the GTS will be called if its released SGTS or GTSS? Now that sounds really stupid!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth